All reviews the main shopping street the main house the bus great apartment centre of town perfect location hosts city pans tours church
Reviewed 30 March 2016

It was such a fun and unique experience - I could go on and on about it!
I liked the location being a little further from downtown -I got to walk around more and see the city. (it's still very close, right by Laugavegur and right by the church. In fact, you get a great view of the church from the driveway!) The shopping, bars and restaurants are all right there so you can be in the action and then go back to your quiet apartment just a block or 2 in from Laugavegur.

Hlin & Siggi are great - super friendly and helpful for all things Iceland. They helped my plan my drive out East and talked to the Budget rental place to rent a car for my journey. Each apartment is different - I had the chance to stay in 2 different ones because I stayed there both before and after my road trip. Both places were very cozy and had everything I needed.

The only trouble I had was with the different tour services. It's very common for you to book a tour and then the bus comes and picks you up where you're staying, 60 - 30 mins before your tour begins. They tell you to 'be in the lobby' however I don't think there is a lobby at Forsaela so instead you just go to wait outside out front. This is fine - but being it was winter, standing outside waiting for a bus for an hour was very cold. Twice there was a missed connection with the tour companies in which I ended up standing outside for more than an hour waiting on the next bus. In the end it all worked out but be prepared to stand outside, on time for the tour buses. The buses will leave you!

Forsaela Apartmenthouse and Hlin & Siggi made my first trip to Iceland so incredible and unforgettable - I highly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank KaCe032
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Casee,

We truly enjoyed reading your wonderful review. Expressive and colourful reminding us of your stay at Forsaela last February. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It was a pleasure to get to know you and to follow your adventures travels through the Icelandic winter scenes.
We will be looking forward to your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I researched hotels and guesthouses extensively prior to our stay in Reykjavik. I'm glad that it all paid off and that I made the right choice by selecting Forsaela. From the moment I started communicating with Hlin via email, her warm and welcoming nature was evident. When we arrived, she greeted us with a smile and a hug. I felt like I was coming to visit family. I'm not typically a guest house/ B&B type person; I usually opt for hotels. Glad that I went out of my comfort zone and stayed at Forsaela. The location is unbeatable (just a 1 minute walk from Lavaguer), yet the street is quiet and private. When we return to Reykjavik, we will be staying at Forsaela!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Sofia,

Thank you for your warm words and for sharing your positive experience of staying with us in Forsaela last January.
I'm pleased to know that venturing out of your comfort zone brought you to Forsaela, and that it turned out to be your "Perfect Choice".

We will be looking forward to welcome you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Firsaela is not for people who want a fancy modern hotel with all conveniences. Instead, it is a cosy and decidedly homely place with lots of wood. The hostess, Hlin, is very kind and helpful. She speaks excellent English and Italian, as well as Icelandic. She is knowledgeable about tourism and gives advice generously. Her breakfast is excellent with home-made bread.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear friends of Forsaela,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review, focusing on the special character of our guesthouse "cosy and decidedly homely" an alternative choice to the fancy modern hotels with all the conveniences. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we will be pleased to welcome you again.

With kind regards,
Hlin

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I've stayed twice at the Forsaela Apartment House. Once in a B & B setting and in an apartment in early November 2015. I felt completely at home both times. The accommodations are very nice and very clean. The Forsaela's location is absolutely perfect. We were two blocks from the main shopping street, Laugavegur, with its many shops and restaurants. We were very close to major museums and the various venues for the Airwaves Music Festival. Also, our hostess, Hlin, was extremely kind to us and very helpful. When I return to Reykjavik, I know where I will be staying, the Forsaela Apartment House!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear Gary,

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you again to Forsaela and to know that you felt completely at home with us whether it was in our B&B accommodation or self contained apartments next door.
Forsaela's B&B accommodation is available only during summer while the apartments and the little house are available the whole year round.
Thank you for pointing out the "absolutely perfect" location of Forsaela for visiting sites of interest as well as for the various venues of Airwaves Music Festival.

We'll be looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

I stayed At Forsaela for 5 days and can honestly say i did not want to leave. Siggi and Hlin are brilliant hosts and were very helpful in offering advice for trips etc as they are experienced guides themselves. They even invited me to supper on my last night.

The apartments themselves are very quiet, even though the main shopping street runs nearby. Everything you need, very cosy and very icelandic. In short, perfect for what I needed after some long trips.

I will definitely return and it cannot come soon enough.

In short, I loved my stay here

Jamie

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamie J
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for taking time to share a wonderful review.
It was our pleasure to meet you and welcome you at Forsaela. It is the biggest reward to us to have new precious friends and happy guests like you.

We appreciate that you took time to join us for a simple,traditional supper at our house.
It was a wonderful moment of sharing.
Me and Siggi look forward to welcoming you again soon.
The different seasonal aspects of this unique island awaits you!

Until next time!