1,964 results
All reviews beer garden largest hotel tower room heated bathroom floors underfloor heating large hotel building site breakfast buffet main restaurant small window minute walk happy hour northern lights walk in shower reception staff the main shopping street street parking
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was a nice modern hotel. It was clean and well appointed. The location was also very good and it was an easy walk to the downtown shopping area. We had a large corner room with a lovely view of the harbour. The windows were a little dirty, but that's hard to manage from the 8th floor. The heated bathroom floor was a nice touch. However the bathroom is seriously lacking in counter space. There was an excellent beer garden on site. If you have breakfast included you will not go hungry. It is a typical North American buffet style arrangement. I had a conference at the Hilton which is a comparable hotel, with perhaps an even more modern lobby and restaurant.

Room tip: Ask for a corner room with a view of the harbour. They are slightly larger than typical rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Fosshotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Ian

Thank you for your glowing review, I really enjoyed reading it.
We are thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations with our convenient location, clean and modern accommodation, plentiful breakfast buffet along with our excellent Beer Garden.
Since we are constantly battling with breezes in Iceland the windows tend to get dirty swiftly after they are cleaned. I can assure you that they are cleaned quite often in fact.
I truly hope we will get the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel was nice, clean and as expected. The rooms were small, and the beds comfortable. The beergarden was convenient to have in the hotel, as was the convenience store. At first it seemed to be in an out of the way location, but Reykjavik is small and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, plus its a tall building so we were easily able to find it when our phones dropped their signals and we were lost. A good choice.

Room tip: Sandwiched between other buildings so not meant to have great views, so any floor is fine
Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Beth B

Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of your recent stay with us at Fosshótel Reykjavík.
I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our clean and comfortable rooms. Lovely bar down stairs and deli.
I am glad you found the location to be conveniently located. We are not in the centre as you mentioned therefore you will not be bothered be the nightlife during the weekends, yet we are situated within only a five minutes walking distance from the main street. Bus stop 12 is also right out sight the hotel which is very convenient for your excursions and fly bus pick up’s and drop offs.
Once again, thank you very much for your review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Fosshótel Reykjavík.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We decided to stay here because it was a reasonably priced hotel in Reykjavik. It was also new. It didn't warrant five stars, but was a good stay warranting four stars.

Firs the pros:

The hotel was new. You could smell it in the carpet.
The hotel room was nice and well appointed. There was a bath tub and a shower, with a place to keep our belongings.
The service was pleasant.
The breakfast was solid. Not amazing but solid for Iceland.
Great views of the city.

The cons:
No bellman or concierge to assist with bags or recommendations.
The checkin process was not the way I thought was fair. My cancellable rate went down but they would not honor the lower rate when I checked in.
It was a little out of the way (5-10 min walk to town).
The parking situation was insane. 300 ask for 20 mins. I had to find parking elsewhere (search google). IT was much less other places.
The bed was hard as a rock.

A five star hotel would have had a bellman with a cart so we could bring our luggage downstairs and upstairs. When we called down for shaving cream, razor, and toothpaste, it would have been brought up to us. Not us going down to the front desk. The buffet for breakfast would have had some more proteins (Lox / fish / egg station etc..) But it was good.

It isn't deserving of five stars but a good solid 4.

1  Thank zuckerboy

Dear zuckerboy

Thank you for your positive review and suggestions.
We here address the different points you raised in your review.

If you have a Standard Rate booking you can cancel or amend your reservation up until 48 hours prior to arrival, local time, free of charge. You can choose to pay either at the hotel upon arrival or in full at the time of making the reservation. If the booking is cancelled or modified with less than 48 hours. This is always mentioned when your booking is confirmed. This will be the case for most if not every hotel in the world.

The location is as I often mention very convenient for many reasons. Firstly for the pickups and drop offs, no hotels in the center aria are allowed do have this service in front of their hotel, we would be the hotel nearest to the center with this service. We are in 20 minute walking distance from the center therefore you will not be bothered be the nightlife during the weekends, yet we are situated within only a five minutes walking distance from the main street. This is of cores always a matter of what our guest find most convenient.

Because of our location, parking comes with an additional fee, let me address that all parking is owned by the city. This is why we always advise our guest to park in the streets where the price is 150 ISK per hour and only from the hours of 9:00 – 18:00. Luckily most of our guest are out and about during that period.

If you asked for these facilities you mentiond during your stay, either housekeeping or one off our receptionist will usually bring them up to you room. If that was not the case with you I apologize.

We do indeed have a concierge corner at the hotel, offering great service if I may say so myself.
The concierge corner is open from 7:30 – 19:30 and if he is not available, our reception will gladly assist our guests in any way they can.

We do not have a Bellman at the premises, we will however happily assist our guest if needed by bringing their luggage up to their room.

I am sincerely glad you found our staff to be helpful and our accommodation to be modern and suitable.

We are a four star hotel wanting to deliver a five star service, therefore we will take all of your through notes under consideration.

I hope we remain your hotel of choice if you ever return to Reykjavík.

With much appriciation,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My daughter and I travelled to Reykjavik May 26th-June3rd, 2018. We stayed at this hotel which was wonderful. The staff very professional and courtious and all very helpful. Our rooms were clean and well appointed. Everything was functional. Yes the bathroom had heated floors loved it. The buffet breakfast did not disappoint either.The hotel is very well located and within walking distance most attractions and the bayshore walkway with a beautiful view of the bay, the mountains and ocean. We did a couple o excursions and enjoyed the many walks to capture the culture and lifestyles of this beautiful country. Its a must see and I highly recommend this Hotel. Cheryl and Katrina

Room tip: Try to get the tower room it has an panoramic view of ocean and city
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Fosshotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Cheril and Katarina

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay at Fosshótel Reykjavík.
I am simply trilled to learn we exceeded your expactations with our location, clean rooms, facillites, breakfast buffet along with our acomodating staff. Our team takes great pride in delivering an exceptionally superior service for all of our guests and will be delighted to see that you had such a good experience at our hotel.

It has been an absolute pleasure to read your fantastic review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

With much appriciation,

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed in the Fosshotel from May 22 to May 25. The rooms were well appointed. The hotel was in walking distance to Reykjavik City and the opera house. The breakfasts were wonderful and had a great variety. The buffet dinner at Haust is not to be missed. It was exceptional. The variety was fabulous and the food was quite tasty. The beer garden was fun, too. I think this was probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: We were on the 4th floor and had no issues with noise.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Fosshotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear muttikeck

Thank you for sharing such fantastic feedback following your stay with us at Fosshótel Reykjavík.
It is excellent to read how great you found our service to be from the moment you arrived. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable and welcomed whilst in our hospitality.
We are also thrilled to learn we exceeded your expectations the breakfast buffet and Beer Garden along with our convenient location.
Once again, thank you for your comments and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me through our website.

Dagrún Antoinette Pettypiece,