4,213 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant the bus great hotel city centre happy hour tour desk minute walk free shuttle icelandair package blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights iceland air blackout curtains early check rental car
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Hop On Hop Off stopped right out front, we could walk to the downtown and many of the things we wanted to see. The breakfast was great both downstairs and in the Executive Lounge. Rooms were clean and hotel was quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

What a pleasure it was to read your review - thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! The team were also delighted to read your comments. We are very happy and honored to hear that you highly recommend Hilton Reykjavik and we would love to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to Reykjavik one day.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This a lovely hotel with views of the mountains and water. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The breakfast is incredible. All the staff are kind, professional and welcoming. It is a happening place with a popular local upscale bar. The restaurant was excellent. Close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights with my 2 children. We were upgraded to an executive room as a HH member, which was really nice!
The hotel is a 15 min walk to the center of Reykjavik.
The lobby and the rest of the hotel are very lovely and the service at the reception is really excellent!
All of the people at the reception have been friendly and helpful.
They also have a grab and go (food and drinks) for people who are leaving early and are missing their breakfast, which is an excellent idea!
The lady at the excusion desk Perla is really fantastic. I have booked all my excursions with her through email even before arriving at the hotel and i can not compliment her enough on her patience and being so helpful.

I have 2 remarks that caused me to give it a 4 star and not a 5 star rating. Work on these 2 things and you deserve 5 stars!
1. The in room dining was a complete mess. I was delivered meals I had not ordered and the bill was faulty as well. This was all corrected after I complained to the roomservice staff and they even discounted one meal from our dinner and apoligized. So it was taken care of, but still this should not happen in a great hotel.
2. The executive lounge was great, but when I arrived between 5pm and 7pm for the snacks, I was told children are not allowed because of the alcohol served. I was still allowed to stay upon my own responsibility. Having stayed in many hotels with executive lounges, I know this is normal when there is alcohol kids are not allowed. But having heard this comment my children felt uncomfortable and we didn’t go again after that. On my last day I went in the lounge to get a snack and left my kids in the room because of the policy. When arriving in the lounge I saw lots of children coming in without receiving any remarks. I thought this was not very ok. EITHER you accept children during these 2 hours or you don’t (which is general practice). But saying it to some families but not to others is very insulting. One clear rule would be more suitable and respectful to all guests.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My family and I had an amazing experience at the Hilton Nordica. I am a relatively new diamond member, and we were upgraded to a suite with a bonus living room. My children stayed in an adjoining room giving us a ton of space. Bjarndis helped to secure our upgrade and answer all my questions before the trip. The executive lounge has amazing views and quality food offerings including sushi on some nights. Food in Iceland is very costly, so this is a huge benefit. I also received access to the spa which was very nice and included a neck massage. I especially liked the cold water soaking tub. The hotel also has a solid gift store where I bought my wife a beautiful pair of earrings; I saw the same brand in the city at the same price I paid in the hotel. The hotel is located near the city center and all tours pick you up last and drop you off first, which is great after a long day of touring with the kids. The food and beer selection in the restaurant and bar are great. The WiFi is super fast. I really have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. It was the best experience I have ever had at a hotel, including my Waldorf Astoria stays. Thank you so much to bjarndis and her team. Stay here in your trip to Iceland, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank vttravellover
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a night in this hotel and found it to be in a good location. It is not in the city centre but it is easy enough to get there. The room and bathroom are big with amenities. We also had dinner at the vox restaurant and found the meal to be delicious. The hotel staff were helpful. I needed to check the weight of my luggage and they had a portable scale and assisted me with the whole process. We had to leave the hotel at 5 am and the hotel packed breakfast for everyone in our group. I will certainly recommend this hotel and will come back to stay.in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family