4,232 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant the bus great hotel city centre happy hour minute walk tour desk free shuttle blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights iceland air blackout curtains early check rental car comfortable hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2018

As many have commented, the downside of this hotel is that it is not in the center of town. That said, you should not let this deter you from staying here! This is a lovely hotel with many desirable qualities. Our double room was a comfortable size, bright and very clean. It was well equipped with amenities including a mini-fridge, coffeemaker, make up mirror and adequate storage space. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bed linens were so bright and white. I really looked forward to coming back to our warm, cozy room at the end of a long day of being out walking and sightseeing.

There is a nice breakfast buffet with plenty of options. Our only disappointment was there was no gluten free bread available for my husband. There was a bread board with a sign saying "gluten free" bread but it was empty. Even though we asked, none ever appeared over our three day stay. If you are GF, I would recommend contacting the hotel before your stay to request that it is available.

Now regarding the location... The hotel is located on a major street with nothing of interest immediately around it. Fortunately, the bus stop is right across the street (you can buy bus tickets at the reception desk.) It is a 15-20 minute, very direct walk down one street to Hlemmur, the main bus hub. However, from there it is another 15-20 minute walk to the harbor, where many of the sights and popular restaurants are. We like to walk but we ended up using the bus quite a bit. We found the #14 bus, which stops down the street from the hotel, the most useful as it makes stops all around the city center. Bus tickets are expensive (almost $5 one way) but can be used repeatedly within a 75-minute period.

The upside to the hotel's location is that all tour buses and airport shuttles will meet you right in front of the hotel. This is not the case for hotels in the center of town. So if you are OK with walking or taking public transportation, I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa0131
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Paid for a “Triple” room - was told “Sorry, we only have three in the whole hotel.” And despite booking 6 months in advance, somehow they didn’t have it reserved?!
Total B.S.
Room was barely a “Single”. Two separate single beds and a “roll-away” cot. - place in the room while we waited for the cot to be moved in and the the only chair in the room was carried out (since the room is so small it no longer fits). The cot was placed against the wall that is a full wall three foot high stream heater. - very dangerous for a small child to sleep next to.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Great location. Walking distance to downtown. Nearby eating places. Nearby Kronan market. All tour companies pickup from this hotel. Facility is very nice. Small snack shop and souvenir stand in lobby. Foreign exchange at front desk or can do it for less at a bank up the street.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica for 6 nights. Upon our arrival from an overnight flight, we were relieved to be able to check in within half an hour and take a well needed power nap. We were advised there was a charge for this service but agreed.
At check- Lin we decided to add breakfast and I’m happy we did as the area is so expensive and the trips around the island that we booked were oh so early daily. The variety of food offered was quite big. We also had dinner at the restaurant VOX( same space just transformed at night) and I must say it was delightful. VOX is a Michelin restaurant and they served it up in style.
Al. The staff we dealt with during our stay were pleasant, polite and rather helpful.
The rooms were clean but no coffee machine. No water. Those items had to be purchased downstairs. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it as I believe it to be the best in town. Plus when you take tours, you always know your bus will pick you up and drop you off at the door!

I included a picture of the lobby area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton for four nights during our stay to Iceland. Perfect walking distance to Reykjavík - about a leisurely 15 minute walk and a great way to feel what Iceland town is about.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They couldn’t do enough to make sure we had a comfortable stay and were happy with everything. The rooms were a little on the small side to what we’re used to but that wasn’t an issue. Comfy beds which were turned down each day, super clean bathroom and large bath (I’m a sticker for a clean bathroom and this was great!)

The food (Iceland prices so OUCH) was lush. I wasn’t expecting it to be as nice as it was. We initially ate in the bar area which was a cosy, dimly-lit area with a gorgeous fireplace and I’m Gluten and Dairy Free - the bar staff were wonderful and adjusted the menu so I could have a GF/DF club sandwich and chips (oh my gosh the chips...NAILED IT ) If you don’t have dinner there, just order a bowl of chips one night with your pint. You won’t regret it!!

Another night we ate in the restaurant but it was quite rushed and the staff do not give you the same attention and politeness as the bar staff. I presume this is because they are busy but the experience wasn’t as nice for us - which is odd as we thought a restaurant experience would be better - so the remainder of the nights we stuck to the bar area and had a much more chilled out evening.

Overall I cannot fault the Hilton and our next trip to Iceland I will certainly be heading straight back here. Well done guys, this is how you do it!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple