4,251 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant free bus pass great hotel city centre happy hour tour desk minute walk blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights blackout curtains early check rental car comfortable hotel skyr golden circle
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March. Easy check in, were given an upgrade to the top floor and the room was very comfortable with great views from the floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom very small but had everything you need and the bed was super comfy. The hotel is about a 15 min easy walk I to the centre of ReykjavĂ­k or you can catch the bus immediately outside of the hotel. We used the spa once and had a free in spa head and shoulder massage - very relaxing. TIP upgrade to an executive room, this gives you access to the executive lounge which includes a free breakfast and happy hour every evening - saves you money as be warned Iceland is VERY expensive.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica for a week in March. We are Hilton Gold so got an upgrade halfway through our stay. We also got executive lounge access. That was big because of the free breakfast and happy hour.
Everything in Iceland is so expensive that these freebies saved a lot.
The staff from front desk to housekeeping was very helpful and accommodating. Just about the best I have ever seen. We arranged NorthernLights, Golden Circle and South Coast tours through the concierge desk. It was easy.
The rooms were big, clean, and nicely furnished in a modern motif.
The only downside is the location. It is outside of the city center. You can walk it but the bus or taxi is better.
If it were closer I would have given a five rating. There are two other Hilton hotels in ReykjavĂ­k. I would consider them if only because of their location closer in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for sharing such a memorable and wonderful review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed interacting with our staff as well as the room comfort. Thank you for your lovely comments about our excellent staff, I will be sure to pass them on! And we are ever happy to hear a nice feedback about our service and wonderful staff

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica during our trip to Reykjavik. We wanted a more lux hotel and saw this hotel offered a restaurant and spa. Check In was simple and efficient- our room was clean and comfortable. We ordered room service twice- although pricy it was convenient. During our stay one of our tours was canceled so we decided to have a last minute spa appointment. We were treated to a 5 minute in water massage. This was a great treat before our treatment started. We also dipped in the outdoor and indoor hot tubs and indulged in the steam shower and sauna. My husband and I each had a 50 min massage. The masseurs were both professional and well trained. We both agreed our services were amazing!!!

Overall the hotel was a comfortable stay. I would recommend “Joe and the Juice, or Lemon,” for quick bites around the area. Both are close walking distance. It was easy to get a cab into the heart of the city - but it costs about $20 each way. I’d like to stay somewhere closer next time but we enjoyed the hotels amenities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this fabulous review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for pointing out various aspects of the hotel, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments. I look forward to your next visit to Reykjavik.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We booked an executive room after reading reviews about the executive lounge from previous guests. We were not disappointed, as the lounge is very convenient for basic breakfast and soft drinks at any time of day. The lounge also serves hot and cold appetizers over a two hour period in the evening which includes wine, beer and other spirits as well as soft drinks. The appetizers are very good quality and can easily substitute as dinner if you chose to have a night in--especially appealing on very cold nights such as we experienced during our visit. The room we had was fine although somewhat simple with wood floors and basic furniture. Lighting was good, the room was quiet, and beds were comfortable. The staff was very attentive at the front desk and in the lounge and there is a tour planning/booking desk just off the lobby which is a plus. In nice weather a walk into the center of town can be pleasant but you also have the option of taking a bus which stops just across the street--tickets available at the front desk. Overall an excellent stay.

Room tip: Rooms facing the sea have the best view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnTampaBay

What a wonderful review to share! I am thrilled that you appreciate and enjoyed the hotel, it is truly one of a kind.
We look forward to your return again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Nordica during my recent stay in Iceland. I had an upgraded room with the breakfast package next to the Executive Lounge overlooking the harbor. The views were priceless. The food at The Vox was pricey. But delicious. I enjoyed the lamb dish. The staff was very friendly. The front desk went out of their way to make sure they accommodated your every need. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Reykjavik.

Trip type: Travelled solo