All reviews double windows great location central location heated towel rack english pub beautiful hotel junior suite rain shower cafe paris boutique hotel fifth floor by european standards walk in shower great shower restaurants and bars front desk staff rooms are modern
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel was a good value and very clean. front desk was super helpful with excursions and general help. Apotek Restaurant and Bar was great and bartenders were top shelf in Reykjavik! Real good value given its superior location and cleanliness!! We will go back on next visit.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael C
Keahotels, Reception at Apotek Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you again at Apotek Hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We loved the central location, the decadent drinks and desserts at the bar, and the luxury shower (I literally took extra showers just because it was so nice). The front desk staff was extremely helpful, going above and beyond to help us when we needed something. The hotel building is very pretty on the inside and out and the beds were very comfortable.

Note that the gym and spa are in a different building just down the street and the gym closes at 8PM. This was a minor inconvenience but not a big deal. Also, the breakfast buffet didn't seem great - by the time we were ready to come down to eat, there were very slim pickings left, didn't seem worth the $30 price tag. However, there are other delicious breakfast places in walking distance :) Also, the curtains aren't 100% blackout, so if you're a light sleeper and visiting during the summer days of endless light, that might bother you a bit.

Yes, the rooms are small, but this is Europe :) My friend and I had no trouble sharing the space for 4 nights.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Keahotels, Reception at Apotek Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear KaterinaSM,

Thank you for submitting your feedback, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will take your suggestions regarding the blackout curtains and the breakfast buffey under review and use your comments to further improve our services and high standards. We hope to be able to serve you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The first room I was given didn't have enough room for me to open my suitcase so I asked to change rooms. The Front Desk staff was wonderful and moved me to a larger room. There is no air conditioning which I love to have being a resident of Florida. The hotel does provide a small oscillating fan which is thoughtful and helped as the windows open only about 4 inches with a glass barrier outside the window. They also provided me with a cotton blanket. Housekeeping was great. Hotel was clean and charming. Bathroom amenities were lovely. The restaurant was very good. Breakfasts had much to choose from including personal requests. Dinner was fine but very expensive as is everything in Iceland. They should provide CNN though.

Room tip: It is quieter if you ask for a room not facing the main square but less of a view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Keneri1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Apotek Hotel with other travellers. Unfortunately since we are in Iceland there is no air conditioning. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Centrally located on a lovely park square the accommodations are clean and tasteful. The staff is cheerful and helpful. The breakfast is delicious. At night the in hotel restaurant is perfect as it is so convenient and the food is on par with the best in any City worldwide. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B

Dear Stephen B,

We thank you for taking the time to write the review, and we are really happy to hear you had a great stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We were very disappointed with our stay at the Apotek. It is centrally located in Reykjavik but that makes it very noisy, particularly if you need to leave your window open (which you do need to do because the rooms are stuffy and there are no fans in the rooms). The rooms were very small. My sister and I shared a double room that was very tight. Two of my friends were upset to learn that their single rooms were essentially a twin bed with some shelving but no adequate closet space. Although the hotel was very fair in upgrading them for a minimal uncharge, they shouldn't have been placed in those rooms to begin with. There are no photos of this room on the website. The breakfast buffet was extensive but it was poor quality and expensive. The service at the hotel was mixed. The staff during the day was excellent but the person at the reception desk in the evening did not even look up to greet us when we first arrived.

Room tip: Don't take anything smaller than a double room. Also, be careful not to face the street.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank iontheroad2018
Keahotels, General Manager at Apotek Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear iontheroad2018,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Apotek Hotel. I am deeply saddened to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.We highly value reviews from our guests in order to improve our service.

Our highest emphais here at Apotek hotel is great quality service, and I do apologize that you didn't experience our high service standards. It is unacceptable that our guests don't feel welcomed by our staff members and I will make sure to adress the matter with the person in question.

I wanted to correct your comment regarding our single rooms. On our website we advertise our single rooms as "small single rooms" followed by photos of the room. Our single rooms have 90cm wide beds, a small closet, desk and bathroom.
We where happy to upgrade your friends to bigger rooms for a fair price

I do hope you enjoyed your stay in Iceland

Warmest regards,