“Amazing Breakfast”

Ranked #154 of 555 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Icelandic Icon The Heart of Reykjavik City The spacious but intimate Café Paris is a café and a restaurant known for first-class service and bistro-style meals, primarily made using fresh local produce, in the heart of the city centre, Austurvöllur. Austurvöllur is Iceland?s Champ du Mars, where locals relax on warm summer afternoons, overlooked by the Icelandic Parliament, and the Dómkirkjan. Its long history and esteemed reputation has contributed to it being one of the most successful restaurants and cafés in all of Iceland.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was our go to breakfast spot while visiting Iceland. The waffle is really delicious as is their hash browns. The restaurant was constantly packed. The waffle will set you back $18 USD. Worth the trip.

***Let me preface the service across the board in Iceland. Don't expect non stop attentive service. Tips are not given in Iceland and the service depicts that. It is not a knock on the restaurant and the servers were extremely friendly, they just don't hover around your table like they may in the US. ***

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Cafe Paris is in a convenient central location - beautiful restaurant, and delicious food - I had an amazing fried chicken sandwich with a brioche bun, which I would recommend! Also, you get to be a kid again and draw on the table paper :) Reasonably priced for Reykjavik.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went there for breakfast, there's a wide variety of plates. We had local pancakes and omelate, which were delicious! The prices are a little bit expensive, like in every restaurant in Reykjavik. Perfect and cozy place.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place was a perfect find for us - as it offered Oysters on the menu - which is an annual tradition on my birthday. Not many restaurants offer Oysters in Reykjavik and this appeared to be the most reasonably priced. We visited during Happy Hour - having been alerted to this by our Appy Hour app that we had downloaded - so wine, as a result was reasonably priced when comparing to UK prices. The staff were attentive and well presented - overall we had a good experience - no complaints.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I visited here for breakfast after it had been catching my eye throughout my stay in Iceland and we finally went. We were greeted instantly by a lovely lady who sat us down next to the window with lovely plants around us and fresh flowers on the table, I thought this was a really nice touch. She brought some water over for us as she took our drinks order which again I think is really good they give you water on arrival, our coffees were amazing and the food was even better. I had the Eggs & Bacon which was superb, my partner having pancakes with maple syrup which he throughly enjoyed also. All the staff were really friendly & attentive. The atmosphere was really fresh and genuinely gave me such a feel of being in Paris. I would visit here over & over again. LOVE.