“The BEST PIZZA Ever!!”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 90
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2018

I have tried quite a few places when it comes to Italian food and one thing I can say about this place is that I have never had pizza this good. The atmosphere is cozy as the restaurant is in an old house. You can go there for fine dinning or for casual dining. The portion sizes are huge. Well worth the price - highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

It was just lovely to step into Caruso bistro in center Reiquiavique ! It’s friendly , good taste in ambiance and amazingly alive music that soothes our troubles . We had Italian food that went quite well and at the end we ended with happy face in spite of price !

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel and happened upon Caruso. Jet-lagged, we weren't overly hungry, so my husband and oldest son shared the seafood risotto and reported that it was very good and done correctly. Myself and youngest son shared selection #3 on the price fixed menu which was lobster soup/bisque, beef tenderloins with roasted vegetables, and chocolates cake with a liquid center. I ate the soup which I have had better with a little more bite to it, this was heavy on cream. The tenderloins were though ordered medium, cooked to medium well, but oh so tender. We all shared the dessert which was very good. Of course if you're coming to Iceland, you already know it is expensive so prepare for sticker shock everytime you eat.

1  Thank Beth A
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Caruso is centrally located with a great menu that suites a variety of people. Icelandic Lobster soup, salads, pastas, pizzas, children menu. Definitely recommend. The homemade bread and aioli that was severed was wonderful.

1  Thank Charmaine P
Reviewed 29 June 2018

On our last day in Iceland, my husband and I ventured here for lunch. It is located near the main shopping district and is right off the main drag along the harbor. The restaurant has an Italian name, but the items we ordered were not particularly Italian. We both ordered salmon prepared two different ways. Mine was the fish of the day, and my husband ordered the salmon featured on the menu. Both pieces of fish were large and thick. It's really hard to cook a piece of fish that thick and get it done perfectly, but they prepared our fish to perfection! This was the best meal we had in Iceland, hands down. Service was also excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Jane S