“Great Viking Studio”

Mink Viking Portrait Studio
Ranked #1 of 26 Fun & Games in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Changing you into an awesome viking and getting a cool portrait. Opening hours are from noon til 18:00 (can be flexible if booked in advance with opening hours). Best is to book a time by Facebook messaging or send a mail. The price for 1 person is 14.900 kr. for a set of 6 photos. Inside you'll enter into a Viking setting where you can choose a variety of handmade Viking costumes. And when you are all dressed up and ready for battle, then you'l pick your weapon of choice, and step in front of the camera. Located on Reykjavik main shopping street is MINK Viking Portrait. Entrance is on Smidjustigur, right around the corner on the 2nd floor. Parking garage is next door on Hverfisgata 20 (1 min walking from the studio).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing experience with the 4 of us at Mink Studio. The details of the armor and weapons were amazing and the photos were astonishing. The pictures we have from this studio will be with us forever and will allow us to recall our time in Iceland and as a 'Viking' :) Highly recommend this if your in Reykjavik as it is located centrally downtown not far from the Cathedral.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"facial expressions"
"quality photos"
in 3 reviews
"photos turned out great"
"dressing up"
"a lot of fun"
in 11 reviews
"fun experience"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stumbled upon these posters in downtown Reykjavík and entered their studio. There, I met Carla and Gustavo who are some of the nicest person I met during my trip. They've been very kind giving me a lot of information about their services and even a few tips for my trip.

I booked a photo shoot with them and the pictures were just amazing! Having to select only 6 of these was really hard, I recommend going for more. This was a really good experience from the start and I recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I visited Iceland last week and I just had to get my Viking portrait taken.
The Mink team was super quick to respond to me and schedule a time for my shoot.

Once I got there I had such a great time! The staff was super friendly, the outfits and accessories were amazing and my pictures turned out so great.

I could not be more please. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My partner and I are doing Ring Road. We flew into KEF and stopped here after picking up our camper van for the next 8 days. This was our first stop and it felt like the perfect omen for a great trip. We happened to see the sign from the road and love these type of dress up picture studios, but never experienced one like this. This place is so Viking authentic, there's pics of actors from the show Viking and on set pics of Game of Thrones where the owner (and store photographer), Guðmann worked. The costumes are beautiful and varied. They also sell cool jewelery, candles and shoes. It's fun, educational, and easy. It's a full-on but quick photoshoot. We posted for several solo pics and together. Then Guðmann emailed us all the pics to go thru at our own leisure. They were all so gorgeous (and I wasn't feeling my best today). Do it.