“absolute great Photoshooting”

Mink Viking Portrait Studio
Ranked #1 of 26 Fun & Games in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Changing you into an awesome viking and getting a cool portrait. Opening hours are from noon til 18:00 (can be flexible if booked in advance with opening hours). Best is to book a time by Facebook messaging or send a mail. The price for 1 person is 14.900 kr. for a set of 6 photos. Inside you'll enter into a Viking setting where you can choose a variety of handmade Viking costumes. And when you are all dressed up and ready for battle, then you'l pick your weapon of choice, and step in front of the camera. Located on Reykjavik main shopping street is MINK Viking Portrait. Entrance is on Smidjustigur, right around the corner on the 2nd floor. Parking garage is next door on Hverfisgata 20 (1 min walking from the studio).
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The photoshooting is one of the things "you have to do" in Reyjavik, absolutely great, fun and a totally different experience, I was ther the second time and next year do it again, especially with other clothing :)

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"facial expressions"
"quality photos"
in 3 reviews
"photos turned out great"
"dressing up"
"a lot of fun"
in 11 reviews
"fun experience"

Reviewed 10 May 2018

A cousin and I are visiting Iceland and came upon Mink Viking Portrait studio by chance as we walked by the studio and saw pictures outside of the studio building. Having our pictures taken at Mink Viking Portrait studio is one of the highlights of my time in Iceland. Gudmann was professional, taught us a lot about Vikings and the Vikings culture, as well as he took some of the most awesome pictures I have ever had taken (and I'm a photographer and very critical of people taking my pictures). If you're in Reykjavik, I would highly recommend visiting Mink Viking Portrait studio to have a wonderful memento of your visit to Iceland. I guarantee that your time at Mink Viking Portrait studio will be enjoyable, educational and you will be glad to have your Viking portrait taken. Gudmann is a great artist who knows his craft and his love of Vikings and photography are very noticeable. Don't forget to book Mink Viking Portrait studio on your next visit to Reykjavik!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We just happened by the Mink Studio and the photos from prior shoots, displayed at street level caught my eye. We climbed the spiral stairs to the studio on the 2nd floor. The idea of assuming the persona of my Viking ancestors spoke to me (and amused me too!). Mink's photographer was great - not only in taking great photos but also in explaining the "gear" and comfortably directing me in order to get the best photos possible. Carla, who assisted, was good to work with too.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Really unique experience! The staff were amazing too and we had a great conversation! The equipment is all genuine and adds that originality to the images.