Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lauren M

Stay Here!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Apr 2024
Highly recommend. Very nice staff. Great spot as it’s within walking distance for P3 parking (the cheapest parking) and a lot of restaurants and shopping. Not loud and felt very secure.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Alda Hotel, Owner at Alda Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this review
Responded 3 May 2024
Dear Laurenmi6509HW,

Thank you for your review and also for choosing Alda Hotel while staying in Iceland!

We do our best to provide a good service to make your stay memorable.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff.

We hope to see you again in Iceland!

Alda Hotel Front Desk
    AU$372
1.5 km from Alda Hotel Reykjavik
View more hotels in Reykjavik
2,244 results
All reviews barber shop mobile phone local calls great location hot tub the main street shared balcony happy hour bus stop lovely hotel smoked salmon shopping district central location blackout curtains shops and restaurants family room street parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2024

I had a comfy, quiet and clean room and it’s in a great location. It’s close to buses for tours and the local Strætó. Grocery store within a block and a pharmacy if you need. It’s close to Bíó Paradís Independent cinema.
The staff at the Alda was friendly and helpful. I was early on arrival and I was able to store my belongings there before I was able to check in. I ate from their buffet breakfast before heading out. There were many options to start the day They also provide a smartphone with data included. It allowed me to access the internet for searches and use Apple Maps and save the data on my own phone.
There is a restaurant called Brass Kitchen and Bar located at the hotel. The first night after a long day I enjoyed their Fish and Chips and a cocktail before calling it a night.
I would stay here again the next time I’m in Reykjavík.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Alda Hotel, Owner at Alda Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2024

Dear 537tinav,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad you found our hotel a good place to stay.
We are also very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. We’re sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you to Reykjavik again!

Alda front Desk

Reviewed 12 April 2024

I would rate this hotel 4.5/5. Pros: it is immaculately clean. The buffet breakfast is great; something for everyone. The front desk staff are wonderful, especially Violeta who assisted us at check in. We were in room 202. It was basically a dorm room, but was adequate for our needs. I have seen much nicer rooms pictured here on trip advisor. We were too exhausted to care which room we got when we checked in.

It loses a 1/2 star for me simply because there is no direct drop off or pick up to the airport or any of the excursions we booked. You have to walk to/from bus stop 9, which is only a 5 minute walk, but when you’ve never been there before & aren’t familiar with the area, it is a little unnerving to be dropped off at a bus stop with your luggage, in a foreign country & no idea where you’re going. We arrived at 8:40am & were unable to check in until 2pm, so we were sleeping in the lobby, as we were exhausted from a redeye flight over. The actual check in time isn’t until 3pm, so I know the hotel staff did what they could to get our room sooner.

I would stay here again, but if you are visiting for the first time, I suggest getting a map of Reykjavik beforehand, locate bus stop 9 & figure out the walking directions to the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Alda Reception, Owner at Alda Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Dear Gerkiedottie,

Thank you for choosing Alda Hotel for your stay in Iceland and for taking the time to write us these lovely words. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2024 via mobile

Really good location and excellent staff, rooms where modern and contemporary. All in all a enjoyed my experience with this hotel, I have stayed in many places over the years and this was definitely a good place. If you’re looking for a place to stay then this should be on your radar.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 881_rmanns
Alda Reception, Owner at Alda Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2024

Dear 881_rmanns,

Thank you for your recent stay here. We are very glad to hear that your trip was an enjoyable one and look forward to welcome you and/or your friends with us here in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

After lots of research I decided on the Alda hotel for my husband, me and our 4 year old daughter. This is a great hotel and great location. The room is large with and comfy with a huge bed and sturdy very sofa bed for our daughter. We arrived at 10.45 after Long flight and we greeted by wonderful reception staff who could see we'd had a long journey and tried to get everybody into their rooms early. Ours wasn't ready but 5 min later they came to find us to say one had come free. once checked in we went to explore and the hotel booked us a taxi to Perlan. Breakfast was also great with a huge range to choose from, 100% if choose again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alda Reception, Owner at Alda Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2024

Dear 379katiea,

Thank you for choosing Alda Hotel for your stay in Iceland and for taking the time to write us these lovely words especially about the breakfast. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2024 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I spent my 21st birthday here and was a perfect warm cosy room to come back to after a day of exploring. Bonus is so close and location is perfect. The hot tub and sauna was lovely too. Would definitely return.

Room tip: Bus stop 9 is a few minutes away.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Maisie S,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Alda Hotel and the time you took to share them with us! We are happy to hear you made full use of all the amenties at the hotel and your trip was unforgettable. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you during next trip to Iceland.