“Worth the search to find it...”
Review of Mandi

Mandi
Ranked #26 of 571 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Healthy, Grill, Soups
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went to Mandi twice during my stay and both times the food was delicious. The rice included in the falafel plate was wonderful as was the falafel and hummus. On the second visit, I couldn't go past the falafel and my friend had the lamb shawarma. We had take-away but there are a couple of tables if you want to eat there. A friend who is a local told me Mandi is the best place for late night food after you've been out in Reykjavik. It is tucked away in a corner on the edge of Ingólfur Square and you need to look carefully to find it.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

After spending a few days in Reykjavík and struggling to find decent food for a good price, my boyfriend and I were very happy to stumble on Mandi! I had a falafel wrap and he had a chicken wrap. Both were delicious and not far off from our prices back home. The portions were great too. Definitely eat here while in the city!

1  Thank Remy R
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came upon this place after a night out. I eat chicken shawarma fairly regularly, but when I ordered the chicken shawarma and fries from this place, I was blown away. I rarely write reviews. I have never gone back up to the counter to tell them this is best thing I’ve ever had (beer may have helped me do that, but still). I’m still thinking about it. I wish this place was in the states!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

These guys serve quite good and spicy kebab. I've been to the other notable kebab places in downtown Reykjavik and I gotta say that this one stands out. Funny staff and good food. They also sell Baklava which was quite the treat!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I’m still in the place and I just had to write a review.
We saw a recommendation on a blog and drove here especially. When we walked in I wasn’t sure whether to stay. Its small and looks like a takeaway restaurant. With a lot of posher, more typical fine dining restaurants in the area I was in two minds. However, I saw what people were eating and so decided we should give them a try. I’m SO glad we did. We both had the Mandi mix and a chips to share. Oh my gosh. The meat was so tasty and the fish fell apart. The sauce was spicy (just how we like it) and the chips were some of the tastiest I’ve ever had. We would both highly recommend this eatery. 10/10