USD 330
USD 317
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 356/night.

Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 350
USD 259
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 314/night.

USD 365
USD 291
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 499
USD 474
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 553/night.

USD 326
USD 364
USD 193
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 223/night.

Book now, pay at stay
USD 278
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,419 results
All reviewshot dog standgreat locationfamous hotdog standa business class roomnespresso machinestreet noisethe hotel staffjunior suitebreakfast buffetcentral locationconcert hallold harbourmini barbars and restaurantsnorthern lightswhale watchingthe heart of the city
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t bother dirty hotel rooms awful hotel run by children no manager ever on duty tried to palm us of with an attic room with a dirty old shower and a plastic curtain for two adults couldn’t get one in it queen size should have been a twin room with a shower ended up looking at 5 rooms until a cleanish one was found no door man no parking stairs to most rooms so had to try and drag luggage with no help hotel needs a total clean and refurbishment breakfast urg don’t bother vile and unacceptable missed last days Breakfast because so bad charging top rates for no star/standard hotel then to top it all took my money for the room when I had all ready paid through tour operator still trying to get my money back don’t bother with this place save your money and look for a better hotel plenty there choose wisely

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear garythegolf,

Thank you for posting your review.
Could you please contact me on marc.eberhard@radissonblu.com as I would like to fully investigate and find a solution that suits you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay! This hotel is right next to Bus Stop #4 which is extremely convenient if you plan to go on tours! It is also right next to a hot dog stand that is open late (great hot dogs, cheap meal) Don't let the sad lobby fool you, this is a nice, comfortable and clean hotel. We stayed in a business deluxe room (which provides extra space) with "double bed" which was a king sized bed. We stayed in room #209. We asked for a rollaway bed for our daughter and there was plenty of room for it (it's an extra fee). Comfy beds, nice tv, wood floors, couldn't hear other guests from other rooms. If you are looking for adjoining rooms, ask for 208 and 209 as there is a door to the mini- hallway that could be closed and locked allowing you to securely go between the 2 rooms. Robes, slippers, hair dryer, safe, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, drinking glasses and coffee are part of your room. The tap water is cold, safe and really good as it's Icelandic water.

On the downside, there is a club nearby and on the Landsbankinn (a bank) side of the hotel
, you will hear thumping music and screaming partiers out on the street into the wee hours even with closed windows and drawn curtains, the main reason for 4 stars instead of 5. However, even though it woke me up most nights, my husband and daughter didn't notice it at all. In fact, my daughter asked if I dreamed it, which I did not! That said, we felt completely safe out on the streets, the wild people are just young people out drinking and having fun.

There is no fan in the bathroom but most hotels are like that unfortunately. There is plenty of hot water. The room has plenty of lighting. If you have a choice to add on the breakfast buffet at a discount/part of a package, through Expedia like we did, do it! It's good (bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, baked beans, salmon, pastries, fresh fruit, cheese, juices, coffee etc) the breakfast staff is really nice, and it's so convenient! We had a view of a bank, nothing great, but not a big deal as we were out all day each day of our stay. The reception staff was very helpful to us from calling a taxi to storing our bags after we checked out. The laundry service was great but like everything in Iceland, expensive. Housekeeping was wonderful and even left a treasure hunt for our daughter for Easter with clues and a big chocolate egg at the end. Our room, linens towels etc. always felt truly clean. There is a convenience store and post office nearby, as well as restaurants. It is a short walk to shopping, coffee shops, museums etc. It may not be an easy walk to get to the main tourist shops depending on your circumstances as there is a steep hill to get to the heart of the city. I would stay here again. I apologize that the pictures I am attaching are as we went to check out so the room is not clean but gives you an idea of the layout and size. There is also a wardrobe that is not in the photos.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank planetgrateful

Dear travelelr,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Thank you as well for choosing the Radisson Blu 1919 hotel.
It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and that you would stay with us again.
We are looking very much forward to it.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful location absolutely in the heart of the city!! A small walk to the harbour and huge choice of eateries all around!! Friendly and supportive staff!!
Nothing much to talk about amenities but other advantages more than make up for a lack of them!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nikunj S,

Than you for posting your review.
Thank you as well for choosing the 1919 as your home away from home.
It is great to hear that you have enjoyed you time with us.
I appreciate your feedback that will help to improve our operation.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Centrally located to most things in Reyjavik. It is; however, a bit loud at night even in our 5th floor room. the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly enough, though not warm. the breakfast dining staff was exceptional--courteous, professional, friendly and very willing to make an extra coffee specialty etc., --they should all be commended. The room was sufficient and very well sized as I had the chance to peek in another room close by when it was being cleaned and it was much smaller than ours. the bathroom vanity was very long yet the sinks are tiny. The floors in the lobby, lower level bathrooms, and dining area need a major sweeping-they appeared dirty with lint and bits and pieces all over the place. Overall, though, the hotel was a good value with a terrific breakfast buffet with several different options. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear DN923,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Thank you as well for choosing the 1919 as your home away from home.
It is great that you have enjoyed your time with us and especially our breakfast.
I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team.
Thank you for your constructive feedback that will help to improve our operation.
I really appreciate your recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your company angain whenever you return to Reykjavik,

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I arrived early but the night manager expedited the cleaning of my room so I could check in. He also provided excellent advice on the area including restaurant options.
Rooms are very comfortable and I would strongly recommend this centrally located hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Caplink,

Thank you for posting your review.
Thank you as well for choosing the Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel.
It is great to hear that you have had a great time with us.
I am glad that our team could speed up your check in.
I appreciate very much your recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of your company in the not to far future again.