Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sandy W

Outstanding stay!

Review of Local 101
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Thank you so very much for the most amazing stay that I had at the Local 101. I had the single room which is small but extremely adequate. The single bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The shower was big enough to fit 'two' and had the most amazing free products to use. The water was lovely and hot. The bedroom offered a kettle (bring your own coffee/tea/sugar) as well as a hairdryer. The breakfast which we had free with our room was delicious and fresh. They offered cereals, fruit, eggs, breads, yogurt, fresh cold meats, peppers, tomatoes etc as well as freshly baked croissants and cake. The staff were friendly and so helpful. They gave me a map and pointed out things to see in Reykjavik. Downtown is only a short 2 minute walk from the hotel while the waterfront is also only a short 2 minute walk. They also have a happy hour which does not affect you in your room as well as a lovely option of having dinner on the premises. The price for the room was also reasonable and booking was easy. My e-mails were answered immediately. I would highly recommend Local 101! Definitely coming back!
Date of stay: May 2024
    AU$491
    AU$481
0.9 km from Local 101
View more hotels in Reykjavik
All reviews recommend this hotel bus stop perfect location front desk receptionist bedroom bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2024

This place is truly a gem. Comfortable and clean with excellent decor. Food at both breakfast and dinner is exceptional. The staff go to the extra effort in order to make your stay the best it can be. It is well located in old downtown Reykjavik on the cusp of restaurants/shops and a classic older residential area. We are fortunate that Reykjavik is a direct flight from Seattle for us! Can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2024 via mobile

The impeccable service and hospitality of your staff made our retreat most enjoyable. Excellent hotel with excellent location located at the city center,extremely clean & comfortable . Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the friendly reception staff Alma ,she made our trip more interesting with her advices & tips about the city ,restaurants bars are within walking distance. Would definetely recommend this hotel to everybody! It's a true sample of excellent hospitality.
Alma, Alejandra and Luciano thank you for all your services and your presence.
Great team 👏

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2024 via mobile

When I stayed in Reykjavik I decided to stay in a different hotel each day/night of my visit to get a rounded view of the place and this was by far my favourite hotel I stayed, why?

First; great location, in walking distance to the harbour side for tours, near shops and restaurants.

The hotel is modern, a boutique feel but with heart, very welcoming and tasteful decor, loved the intimate feel with the candles in reception/bar area.

Loved my room with a balcony, got to see some amazing skylines, super cosy and very clean with crispy white linen and towels. I had breakfast include, it was continental with lots of great choice.

For me though it was the staff (especially ALMA) they are amazing, so welcoming, they were thee most helpful right from the booking stage months prior. Nothing was too much trouble and it’s genuine, thank you, you definitely made my stay a pleasant one.

Highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room tip: There’s a few vegan/veggie restaurants three minutes away worth visiting, good food at a fair price. The hotel has happy hour.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2024

We stayed four nights here in January 2024 and on entry the hotel is very warm and friendly, we received a lovely welcome.

We were in room 207 which is right at the top of the stairs above the breakfast/bar area. The room was set up as a King Size, it was spacious enough and the layout worked well for us as a couple. The sink outside and small sink inside the bathroom was a little odd but bar that everything worked well.

The bed was incredibly comfy, I really loved the separate duvets for each guest and the pillows were very soft. It made for four very good nights sleep.

My only issue was the noise, the walls are thin between rooms and between floors and we were often woken up late in the night and early mornings with either people returning to their rooms or music from the bar downstairs. We could hear the TV in the opposing room, 208, quite clearly on our last night. I would highly recommend ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.

Breakfast is very continental, a lot of people go early as tours start between 8am and 9am so it gets busy quick and it becomes rather cramped around the buffet area. We only ate at breakfast twice just due to timings but it was a good selection.

The hotel was overall good, the bed was excellent but the noise was definitely off putting and we would like choose a larger hotel if we were staying longer in Iceland.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2023

I had such a wonderful time at Local 101 Hotel! Alma and the staff were super friendly and made me feel right at home. The hotel's got this cozy charm, and my room was just perfect. Plus, you can't beat the location – it made everything so easy. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: December 2023