Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ceri E
Bristol, United Kingdom

Favourite Hotel To Stay In Reykjavik…

Review of Local 101
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Feb 2024via mobile
When I stayed in Reykjavik I decided to stay in a different hotel each day/night of my visit to get a rounded view of the place and this was by far my favourite hotel I stayed, why?

First; great location, in walking distance to the harbour side for tours, near shops and restaurants.

The hotel is modern, a boutique feel but with heart, very welcoming and tasteful decor, loved the intimate feel with the candles in reception/bar area.

Loved my room with a balcony, got to see some amazing skylines, super cosy and very clean with crispy white linen and towels. I had breakfast include, it was continental with lots of great choice.

For me though it was the staff (especially ALMA) they are amazing, so welcoming, they were thee most helpful right from the booking stage months prior. Nothing was too much trouble and it’s genuine, thank you, you definitely made my stay a pleasant one.

Highly recommend staying at this hotel.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: There’s a few vegan/veggie restaurants three minutes away worth visiting, good food at a fair...
Trip type: Travelled solo
AU$315
    AU$315
3.9 km from Local 101
View more hotels in Reykjavik
All reviews recommend this hotel bus stop perfect location front desk receptionist bedroom bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2024

We stayed four nights here in January 2024 and on entry the hotel is very warm and friendly, we received a lovely welcome.

We were in room 207 which is right at the top of the stairs above the breakfast/bar area. The room was set up as a King Size, it was spacious enough and the layout worked well for us as a couple. The sink outside and small sink inside the bathroom was a little odd but bar that everything worked well.

The bed was incredibly comfy, I really loved the separate duvets for each guest and the pillows were very soft. It made for four very good nights sleep.

My only issue was the noise, the walls are thin between rooms and between floors and we were often woken up late in the night and early mornings with either people returning to their rooms or music from the bar downstairs. We could hear the TV in the opposing room, 208, quite clearly on our last night. I would highly recommend ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.

Breakfast is very continental, a lot of people go early as tours start between 8am and 9am so it gets busy quick and it becomes rather cramped around the buffet area. We only ate at breakfast twice just due to timings but it was a good selection.

The hotel was overall good, the bed was excellent but the noise was definitely off putting and we would like choose a larger hotel if we were staying longer in Iceland.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2023

I had such a wonderful time at Local 101 Hotel! Alma and the staff were super friendly and made me feel right at home. The hotel's got this cozy charm, and my room was just perfect. Plus, you can't beat the location – it made everything so easy. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for my husbands 30th - lovely chocolate and note left in the room!

Arrived late in the evening but check in was explained to me via email beforehand and we stayed in the basement cocoon room which was perfect for us, small but cosy and modern. The bathroom was lovely especially the shower, really powerful!

Quite a lot of background noise from breakfast in the morning due to proximity to it.

Breakfast was fine - simple items available but perfect to set you up for the day, was very busy one of the mornings and we had to wait a while to get a table.

Staff were all really friendly and helpful.

Parking on the street directly outside the hotel, we downloaded Parka app to pay and cost us around £15 a day to park, which I think it’s good!

Loads of places within walking distance, would struggle to fault the hotel except the noise from breakfast, but that was more of our room positioning!

Would definitely go back too!

Room tip: Can get busy at breakfast time depending on guest numbers!
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2023

We stayed here for a total of two nights and it exceeded our expectations! The staff were so helpful and friendly, especially Joanna who gave us recommendations of Reykjavíks eating scene, bars and things to do. Overall, the comfort, location and included breakfast made this the perfect place to stay in Reykjavik.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2023 via mobile

A cozy centrally located small hotel with AMAZING stuff that made you feeling you were hosted by friends. Everything is close to explore the city center, renovated rooms facing the street in front, where you can park your car (either free or not depending on the time of the day), great breakfast and really fast internet.

Room tip: Download Parka app, to easily check in/out in different spots around Iceland and Handpick for places to eat, shop, visit, etc
Date of stay: September 2023