1,321 results
All reviewssnaps restaurantgreat locationattached restaurantthe main hotelmain shoppingjunior suitefirst floorfront desk staffthe hotel staffminute walkhot watersmall hotelthe heart of the citythe main dragquiet streetcentral locationwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 August 2018

My partner and I booked this hotel in Reykjavik at the end of February for 4 nights. It's in a brilliant location close to one of the major bus pick up points for tours and super close to hallgrímskirkja, shops, restaurants.

When we arrived off the bus at hallgrímskirkja it was around a 5 minute walk to the hotel. From the pictures on the website I was expecting the room to be slightly bigger and it was a little more basic than I expected but rooms are very clean and super comfy beds. Tv had a good range of channels and the bathroom was a great size with a lovely big shower, nice towels and toiletries.

Just watch out if you book a tour early on a sunday morning that there is no where open for breakfast - we tried to go somewhere for a cheaper breakfast but nothing was open and had to admit defeat and opt for the expensive breakfast at the hotel. They did have a nice selection of food however and you can help yourself to as much as you like, we made sure we got our money's worth!

Really nice touches like sign at the reception to tell you the status of the northern lights trip for the night based on weather conditions.

I did find the key situation a little strange as they do not have a card swipe system to open the hotel doors but physical keys. They have a sign at the door saying please hand keys in at reception when you go out for the day, this makes sense as you could lose the key causing big problems but it is a little tedious.

We were really happy with the price we paid for the hotel in comparison to others in Reykjavik and I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Positives:
I have had a lot of problems sleeping comforably in hotel beds in the past as I have a number of spinal issues. However, the bed in our room was extremely comfortable and the 2nd (and final) night that we were there I had the best nights sleep that I have had in ages. There was a fridge in the room which is always a bonus and the buffet breakfast in Snaps Restaurant was very good quality. The water is great quality (as you would expect in Iceland) and you can drink it straight from the tap. The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a great location, The TV had a number of British channels including BBC & ITV. The room was very clean. and the linen was good quality.

Negatives:
We found Iceland in general an expensive country to visit, but we knew that beforehand. The hotel is expensive, but pretty much what you would expect in Iceland. The wifi quality in our room wasn't great and kept dropping out. It was fine in the reception area though. One word to note, I found the complimentary shower gel bottle impossible to open, and even my husband who has much stronger hands than me struggled to open it. I also found the shower cubicle pretty small and not much room to manouevre. The hot water in the shower took a few minutes to get to a decent temperature but once it did the shower was pleasant. Alcohol in Iceland is rather expensive and we had a glass of (the very nice) Viking Gold lager which worked out at £9.20 per glass - probably the most expensive lager I have ever drunk!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018

The Hotel Odinsve is a nice place to spend time while you are touring Reykjavik. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I booked a single room and it was good. The bathroom was painfully small but met my needs. The bed was comfortable but next time I will ask for a room not on the street side of the hotel because I like fresh air and there is a lot of street noise at all hours.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The staff was so friendly and helpful and the room was clean. Each and every front desk person went out of their way to be helpful. The hallway carpet was dirty and ripped which a turn off. The tub was very high and dangerous to get in and out of especially if someone is elderly or short like me. Location was great and walkable to nightlife, church and harbor. The restaurant next door was very lively. The downside was it was noisy with construction nearby and church bells every 15 minutes and window shades were not room darkening as in the other hotels we stayed at. If you like to nap prior to going out for the evening, it is impossible. I would recommend for younger people that will be out for most of the day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel W
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stayed here five nights on our trip to Iceland and the Faroe Islands. They took very good care of us. The room and beds were comfortable, the staff was very helpful, and the atmosphere was friendly and professional. We have no complaints and would recommend this hotel to anyone with no hesitation whatsoever.

We didn't rate it as "quaint" or "romantic," because it's simply a straightforward, competent and comfortable hotel. It's not cheap, and it's not luxury; it's no more expensive than anything else in Iceland, meaning it ain't cheap!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple