Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
KeelingP
UK

Overnight stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Clean, airy: good views from higher up. Meals very pleasant and well cooked. Staff attentive. Couldn't easily get hot water in bathroom - shower controls confusing - need ones glasses on.
Date of stay: May 2024
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear KeelingP,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel for your overnight stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the clean, airy rooms with good views, as well as the pleasant meals and attentive staff.

I apologize for the confusion with the shower controls and the difficulty in getting hot water. We will look into making the controls more user-friendly to enhance our guests' comfort.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.

AU$371
  • travelup.com
2.9 km from Hotel Reykjavik Grand
View more hotels in Reykjavik
2,891 results
All reviews city centre shuttle service nice hotel business hotel minute walk breakfast buffet shuttle bus lobby bar happy hour family room northern lights junior suite reception desk hotel restaurant blue lagoon bread yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location , awesome breakfast and staff service . I would love to stay here in my next visit to Iceland.

Date of stay: May 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Grand FDM, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Reykjavik Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Neeta,

Thank you for your excellent review! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our great location, awesome breakfast, and exceptional staff service. We're delighted that you had a pleasant stay and would love to have you back on your next visit to Iceland.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Large hotel, a bit out of the city (around 5 minutes by car) but easy access to everything
With the road work, the parking was not easy to access. We you found it, it is free, large and convenient
Rooms are large, bed is comfortable
The breakfast was good with many options

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Natjev,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel large and comfortable, with good breakfast options and convenient free parking. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the road work affecting the parking access. We appreciate your understanding during this time.

We look forward to welcoming you back and providing an even better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2024 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel. Staff were very friendly and hotel is a good pick up point for excursions and we used the scooters which took 15 mins to get to the city center.

Easy check in and out process, only issue was the room being reception facing meaning we didn’t have a window to the outside and the room would get quite hot. also although towels were replaced daily the best wasn’t really made or other things cleaned down.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Grand FDM, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Reykjavik Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed our hotel's cleanliness, friendly staff, and convenient location for excursions. We're also glad that scooter rental helped you explore the city center so conveniently!

I appreciate your feedback regarding the room's location facing the reception. We understand the importance of a comfortable room environment, and I'm sorry to hear about the temperature issue and the housekeeping details you mentioned. Your comments are invaluable, and we'll certainly look into these aspects to improve our service.

We're currently undergoing renovations, including updates to room designs and climate control features, to ensure our guests have the most comfortable stay possible. We hope you'll consider us again on your next visit, so you can see the improvements first-hand!

Reviewed 7 April 2024

Primarily a business hotel - don't stay there for leisure.
Construction going on everywhere - difficult to find the way into the car park. Even more difficult to find the way from the conference car park (where you end up having to enter to) around to the hotel car park.
Staff not particularly helpful or friendly - more interested in talking with each other or messaging on their phones - guests approaching seem to be an inconvenience.
Originally paid my deposit by Amex but when I got there to pay the balance, they decided they don't take Amex and I had to mess around transferring money to my Visa card to use it instead.
Bright neon light with the hotel name right outside our window and the curtains didn't cover the whole way - may it hard to sleep.
Other than the hotel restaurant, nothing nearby that can be easily walked to (distance isn't too bad when you look on the map, but it's all main roads and difficult to cross - have to walk up to specific intersections). Ended up trying to drive somewhere to get food but parking in the area is so hard to come by it took us over an hour to end up somewhere 5 minutes drive from the hotel.
Due to Lufthansa strikes (and it not being a daily flight out of Reykjavic), we had to leave 3 days early. I know they have a 48 hour cancellation policy and it's not their fault the strikes were on but I do think they could have refunded the last night to me (which would have been outside that 48 hours). Staff didn't want to deal with the question and brushed me off, insisting I had to ask Booking.com if they would do it because the hotel didn't have my money seeing as I booked through them. I pointed out that I had paid at the hotel, directly, so they did actually have my money but they didn't want to know about it and just told me to contact Booking.com (who, of course, were unable to do anything as the hotel has the money and would have to be prepared to authorise that refund). Even if they couldn't refund, the staff needed to have the courage and professionalism to tell me that when I asked, not palm me off to another company to do - this actually annoyed me more than not getting a refund for that night.
Overall, not a good experience and won't stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Angela, Thank you for your detailed review. I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay and the issues with payment and customer service.
We always aim to assist our guests effectively, especially in unexpected situations like the one you faced with your early departure. Our parking lot, as of now, is in front of the hotel, both on the ground and underground, as well as next to our conference entrance. Both entrances lead to our lobby, and I'm sorry if that was confusing in any way. I can assure you that we could not take deposits on your Amex card; however, I believe Booking.com accepted your card as a guarantee for your reservation. As of now, we do not accept Amex cards, but that will change as soon as our terminal provider gets acceptance from Amex.
Regarding shortening of the stay, you need to first get in contact with the source you booked through and they can then request this if they agree to it.
We are usually very flexible in this matter, but our hands are tight as we are not allowed to change reservations without primary source acknowledgement.
I just hope that those clarifications would help understanding the difficulties you had and that will also help us communicate better.

Bartek Zabel
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2024

Friendly and polite staff
Clean room with plenty of space, storage and toiletries
Short walk to the town
Food was amazing
Good selection for breakfast
Free parking
A lot, if not all excursions pick up from hotel rather than having to go to a bus stop
Quiet
Our room had a city view on 12th floor so could see the church, city and the water.
Would stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your glowing review! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, spacious and well-equipped rooms, and our breakfast selection. We're especially pleased that you found the location convenient for your walks into town and excursions.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for your encouraging feedback!