1,271 results
All reviews bread hot water the main shopping street minute walk single room happy hour hard boiled eggs reception staff stayed here for nights yogurt an early flight city centre northern lights reception area buffet breakfast cold cuts tea coffee
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Thus far, I am disappointed with this hotel and its service. We arrived in Reykjavik early this morning having traveled all night. We would have been more comfortable and better cared for if we’d stayed at the airport. This hotel is dirty and dingy. It smells like cigarette smoke. Our rooms are not ready—which is to be expected—but when we asked if we could get a cup of coffee and a bite of breakfast, we were told we could not without paying $20 per person. I expected way better service and accommodations.

I have been sitting in the disgusting, foul smelling lobby of the hotel for two hours. I have received no further acknowledgment and, clearly, staff are not trying to get our room prepared quickly so we can rest. It’s nauseating. As I said earlier, I would have preferred to have stayed at the airport which was clean, bright, and had good food choices. This is extremely frustrating—especially since the hotel staff seem to have no customer service training and do not care about our comfort after an exhausting night of traveling.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed in Fosshtel Raudara from May 2 to May 4 ,2018.
Had a very good experience.
The hotel staff is very polite and helpfull including the guy who manages the bar at reception.
The room are pretty big (we had a triple room ) and comfortable.
On last day (May 3,2018) we had flybus @ 2:00 am to Keflavik airport.
The driver didn't stop at the hotel to pick us up.
The lady at reception call up the company and ensured that driver picked us up.
It was very kind of her as it was snowing outside.
The reception is small but very cosy with bar area to have a drink or two.
The hotel is well located around 200 mts from main shopping street ,restaurants (yet away from noise) ,the main church and the Reykjavik waterfront from where you have nice view of snow covered mountains on other side of bay.
Highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We spent one night only, having arrived from Sydney and heading out for a five day trek the following morning. The room was comfortable and clean, staff were helpful, the locale was convenient (short pleasant walk to town).
Having an early breakfast available from 4 an (!!!) was incredibly helpful. Being able to store a single bag until our retutn was also great.
A great fit for our purposes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

There aren't too many hotels to choose from in Reykjavik and I think this one was more than OK for sure. The customer service was great, the room was sizeable. The king bed wasn't very comfortable for us, besides obviously being two twins pulled together. It was well-located and a good value.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Well maintained and clean hotel, our room was clean, maybe not that big but it was enough for one unique night. Main road with shops and restaurants at walking distance, to cut it short: I have nothing to complaint about

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family