Lowest prices for your stay
AU$552
Hotel Website
AU$579
Spicey1
Seattle, Washington

Surrounded by art, excellent breakfast

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Oct 2019
Hotel Holt has its own collection of art by Icelandic artists, and the hotel is filled with paintings and sculptures, in the rooms as well as the public spaces. Guest rooms are comfortable, welcoming and spacious. Bed are firm. The breakfast is excellent, providing a huge variety of food to choose from, and good coffee. It's quite centrally located, quiet and has a parking lot. Prices are not as high as other places in the area. Highly recommended!
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Vio.com
3.2 km from Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel
View more hotels in Reykjavik
1,809 results
All reviews icelandic art private art collection junior suite quiet street great hotel traditional hotel public areas bsi bus terminal minute walk quiet at night within easy walking distance single room comfortable hotel breakfast room main shopping downtown reykjavik northern lights
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Old and good hotel. Amazing paintings. Clearly a place with an impressive history. The people working in the reception are very nice and extremely service minded. Some of the people working with the breakfast buffet should maybe leave their phone alone, but I understand it is difficult if too little happens. All in all, I was very happy, the price considered.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marissa S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear Zmof
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
Hotel Holt is truly a historic place with fantastic art in every room of the Hotel.
We hope that you will return to Holt in the future so we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 October 2019

this is one of the classic Icelandic hotels. filled with wonderful art. a great hotel in the city. if you want a real touch of Iceland it is a good choice. rooms are nice and comfortable. Breakfast was very good as well.

2  Thank Todd C

Dear Todd C
We are so happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, and enjoyed our wonderful art that decorates the hotel.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2019

I enjoyed my trip immensely. From the moment that I arrived at Hotel Holt the staff was there for me: providing entry into my room immediately (as the prior guest had left early), providing excellent directions via their map for Reykjavik, reserving 2 tours for me - Golden Circle Tour and the Southern Tour with visit to the waterfalls - both were superb! They posted my mail for me, answered any and all of my questions patiently, courteously and efficiently. This was especially appreciated, as I was traveling solo.
The meals were superb : the Bar Menu - so special and tasty and the Breakfasts had everything one might wish to eat. All was fresh and beautifully presented. I was never disappointed.
I only wish I could have stayed longer!
I learned how to locate and walk to BSI to meet my tour buses. The taxi to BSI and airport bus from there worked perfectly.
Kudos to Karl, Ella and their colleague (name escapes me) who gave us an informative, enthusiastic tour of art displayed throughout the hotel, primarily Kjarval. Kudos to your chef!
I look very much forward to returning to Iceland and your hotel. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2019

We loved everything, especially the staff! One example of their attentiveness was: the first morning we had breakfast I had requested soy milk which the hotel did not have. However, the day after that a very sweet staff member brought a pitcher of soy milk right over to our table when we arrived for breakfast. The food was excellent! Our room was very quiet and on the top floor as requested. Location was excellent: on a quiet side street easily walkable to most main tourist and shopping sites. The only thing I would have wished for was a bigger bathroom, but this was not a big deal, and it was very clean. ;). The staff was also very knowledgeable about tourist sites and cultural activities going on during our stay. Thank you for a wonderful experience...we would not stay anywhere else if we return to Reykjavík!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear rickandmarica
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, we do our best to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2019

I recently stayed here for 4 nights as a solo visitor to Reykjavik and really enjoyed it. Front desk staff are extremely helpful, attentive and friendly. I did not try the restaurant or the bar, but the breakfast was a good selection of cold and hot buffet, very nice. The location of Hotel Holt is excellent, just a 5 minute walk to the main shopping and restaurant area and a 10 minute walk to the BSI bus terminal. In fact all the downtown sightseeing spots were easily walkable. The room was a decent size (certainly for 1 person), very comfortable and clean. The one thing I did note was that there was no air conditioning. The windows do open, and this was fine for me in September, but I did wonder if it would get too hot in summer.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hillbillybluehat
Marissa S, Sales, and marketing at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Dear illbillybluehat,

Thank you for your recent visit and stay at Hotel Holt - and for taking the time to write this informative review of your stay with us. We are thrilled that you had a positive experience with our staff and that you enjoyed the breakfast.
Also, thank you for mentioning our great location, which makes staying at Holt all the better.
We understand that it does get a bit hot some days (we are just getting used to this in Iceland as it has been enough to simply open the window to cool down buildings in the past). To help our guests stay cool we have fans available upon request, so please don't be afraid to stay here during the summer months!

We look forward to welcoming you back if you even get the chance to visit Iceland again in the future.