Lowest prices for your stay
AU$458
Hotels.com
AU$458
AU$459
pactravel2019
San Francisco, California

My first visit to Iceland.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Oct 2019
I enjoyed my trip immensely. From the moment that I arrived at Hotel Holt the staff was there for me: providing entry into my room immediately (as the prior guest had left early), providing excellent directions via their map for Reykjavik, reserving 2 tours for me - Golden Circle Tour and the Southern Tour with visit to the waterfalls - both were superb! They posted my mail for me, answered any and all of my questions patiently, courteously and efficiently. This was especially appreciated, as I was traveling solo.
The meals were superb : the Bar Menu - so special and tasty and the Breakfasts had everything one might wish to eat. All was fresh and beautifully presented. I was never disappointed.
I only wish I could have stayed longer!
I learned how to locate and walk to BSI to meet my tour buses. The taxi to BSI and airport bus from there worked perfectly.
Kudos to Karl, Ella and their colleague (name escapes me) who gave us an informative, enthusiastic tour of art displayed throughout the hotel, primarily Kjarval. Kudos to your chef!
I look very much forward to returning to Iceland and your hotel. Thank you!
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$284
1.1 km from Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel
View more hotels in Reykjavik
1,783 results
All reviews icelandic art private art collection junior suite quiet street great hotel traditional hotel public areas bsi bus terminal minute walk quiet at night within easy walking distance single room comfortable hotel breakfast room main shopping downtown reykjavik northern lights
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2019

We loved everything, especially the staff! One example of their attentiveness was: the first morning we had breakfast I had requested soy milk which the hotel did not have. However, the day after that a very sweet staff member brought a pitcher of soy milk right over to our table when we arrived for breakfast. The food was excellent! Our room was very quiet and on the top floor as requested. Location was excellent: on a quiet side street easily walkable to most main tourist and shopping sites. The only thing I would have wished for was a bigger bathroom, but this was not a big deal, and it was very clean. ;). The staff was also very knowledgeable about tourist sites and cultural activities going on during our stay. Thank you for a wonderful experience...we would not stay anywhere else if we return to Reykjavík!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marissa S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Dear rickandmarica
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff, we do our best to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2019

I recently stayed here for 4 nights as a solo visitor to Reykjavik and really enjoyed it. Front desk staff are extremely helpful, attentive and friendly. I did not try the restaurant or the bar, but the breakfast was a good selection of cold and hot buffet, very nice. The location of Hotel Holt is excellent, just a 5 minute walk to the main shopping and restaurant area and a 10 minute walk to the BSI bus terminal. In fact all the downtown sightseeing spots were easily walkable. The room was a decent size (certainly for 1 person), very comfortable and clean. The one thing I did note was that there was no air conditioning. The windows do open, and this was fine for me in September, but I did wonder if it would get too hot in summer.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hillbillybluehat
Marissa S, Sales, and marketing at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2019

Dear illbillybluehat,

Thank you for your recent visit and stay at Hotel Holt - and for taking the time to write this informative review of your stay with us. We are thrilled that you had a positive experience with our staff and that you enjoyed the breakfast.
Also, thank you for mentioning our great location, which makes staying at Holt all the better.
We understand that it does get a bit hot some days (we are just getting used to this in Iceland as it has been enough to simply open the window to cool down buildings in the past). To help our guests stay cool we have fans available upon request, so please don't be afraid to stay here during the summer months!

We look forward to welcoming you back if you even get the chance to visit Iceland again in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2019

Stayed here at the end of a 3 week Iceland Trip. We had 3 rooms fro up to 4 nights. Rooms are kind of small (but so were most of the rest of the places we stayed at in Iceland). Great service. Great Art. Great location.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marissa S, Sales, and marketing at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Dear Jet42199,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of Hotel Holt, and for mentioning our best attributes - the service, art collection, and our location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us - and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2019

Hotel Holt is a lovely quiet hotel in a very convenient location to all the shops and the BSI bus terminal. Karl the Hotel Manager was very kind and helpful. We arrived early from our flight from Manchester and we just were expecting to leave our suitcase in storage until check in time at 3 pm but Karl kindly said we could go to our room.
He also gave us helpful advice.The breakfast was served with a large variety of delicious foods. We would highly recommend this hotel if you visit Iceland.

Date of stay: September 2019
Marissa S, Sales, and marketing at Hotel Holt - The Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Dear UTD123,

Thank you for your kind words - we are exceedingly proud of our entire team, so we thank you for appreciating the hard work put into assisting all of our guests.
Thank you also for your recommendation! We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Holt.

Reviewed 13 September 2019

This trip was booked as a birthday surprise for my husband, which was made even more special by the friendly attentive service we received from the hotel staff. We were given an upgraded room and the staff were very helpful with suggestions for places to eat or visit. The hotel is within walking distance of the main centre as well as the bus station, but it is quiet. We had an early return flight and were given a breakfast bag to take with us. We definitely want to visit Reykjavik again and we would stay in this hotel, it was great, thank you.

Date of stay: December 2018

Dear IV30emma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Holt. We do so enjoy hearing that your stay was special and that our team treated you well.
Please let us know if you are ever on your way back - it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel Holt.