1,252 results
All reviewsgallery restaurantart collectionjunior suitequiet streetscrambled eggs and baconresidential neighborhoodcharming hotelpublic areasbit datedminute walkquiet at nightbreakfast roomthe main shopping areawithin easy walking distancereception staffnorthern lightsblue lagoon
Reviewed 19 June 2018

After a long trip and a pushing our suitcases up the hill to the hotel on a cool rainy day, we arrived at the Holt. The outside of the hotel didn't excite us but the lobby was wonderfully warm and comfortable. The young lady who checked us in gave us so much information about the town and country of Iceland. We were upgraded to a suite and had a comfortable stay. The bathroom was a bit small but well appointed. We had dinner in the dining room downstairs and it was a fantastic meal. The lamb was superb and the chocolate mousse was the best I've ever had. If you decide to stay there be sure to get transport from the airport that can take you to the door.The walk up and down the hill is very steep.

Stayed: May 2018
Emma Rún A, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Judy G,

Thank you very much for sharing your review, we appreciate you took the time!
We are so happy to hear that you took the time to enjoy a wonderful meal at our restaurant. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Friendly, warm, and helpful staff, delicious food, beautifully decorated with original Icelandic artwork. A lovely boutique hotel within easy walking distance of shopping and restaurants. I have stayed there on two occasions and truly enjoyed myself each time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Emma Rún A, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Laura F,

It was a pleasure to read your nice review following your second stay with us at Hotel Holt!
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the service and accommodation provided to you. We look forward to giving you another warm welcome and fantastic experience next time you visit Reykjavík.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I picked this hotel based on reviews especially for location (close to the BSI station and just a few blocks off the main busy streets in downtown Reykjavik). The rooms are quiet and we were able to get a good nights rest after long day tours. I would say the location is perfect. But the best point of the hotel is their wonderful staff. We arrived in the morning tired from a long night of travel. Lucky for us we were able to check in right way. Carolina (spelling?) was accommodating and helpful. I had questions about the pick up point for tours booked the next two days. She explained about the no bus zone and made two calls to the agencies to confirm times and locations. She told me to go upstairs and rest. When we were ready she would follow up with me on information. Sure enough a few hours later, we came down and she had our pick up information. (She didn’t have to make these calls for me). At my request, she also made a few recommendations for dinner that were spot on. This is just one example of our many encounters during the 5 days. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we return to Reykjavik.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Emma Rún A, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear liketotvl,

First of all, thank you for your lovely review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and had a comfortable stay!
We will make sure to forward your compliments on to Karólína at the reception. Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We stayed here for a 2 night stopover. It was in a good location in the centre of Reykjavik and was a lovely hotel with lots of are to the walls and a great bar and lounge area. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were good

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Cjaneg,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review, following your stay with us! I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and were happy with the location and the breakfast.
The bar and lounge area at the hotel are one of a kind with all of the art to enjoy while relaxing after a long day :)

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Clean, nice, but light was comming in during the night in June. So cortains not enough to block the light.

The breakfast is good value for money.

The reception people are nice and helpfull.

The room is realy clean.

Too much money for an avarage room.

Room Tip: One person room is very small.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Emma Rún A, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Holt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Niels76,

I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and our services, our team strives to make our guests feel welcome and is always happy to help in any way they can.

The Icelandic summer days are really long and in the middle of June the sun almost never goes down. Which can be amazing after a long winter. I can fully understand that it can be hard to get used to it, even with the blackout curtains that are in the rooms.

I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Reykjavík!