1,332 results
All reviews breakfast basket fresh bread superior studio complimentary milk bedroom apartment small kitchen local bakery corn flakes every morning washer dryer coffee maker main building full kitchen the main shopping street kitchen area excellent location home away from home
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The staff were incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating. They definitely go the extra mile in making your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment and it was beautifully decorated to a high standard, stylish and modern. The beds were very comfortable too! It is also equipped with a washing machine if you choose to do some laundry - very handy!! The kitchen cupboards were full of tea, coffee, sugar etc and the continental breakfast was delicious and sufficient. It is replenished every day and waiting for you in your fridge :-) It felt like you were going home at the end of your day and to achieve that from a hotel is simply superb! I don't often write reviews but this hotel deserves all the praise it gets. I recommend it to everyone as it is suitable for families, couples and groups of friends. I will most definitely be going back there. I stayed there with my Mother and two Sisters and I can most certainly speak for them too! A very happy customer :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank erica500
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the 3 bedroom apartment. The hotel provides breakfast every day by leaving it in the fridge the night before. The apartment was very spacious, well appointed and comfortable. Fantastic shower. Having a washing machine and dryer was good as the weather was very wet while we were in Iceland, so we could dry off at the end of a day exploring. The staff were without fail helpful and pleasant. Great central location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel was centrally located with the main streets and harbour area a very short walk away.

The room was well cleaned each night and fresh breakfast supplied each morning. The showers and appartment was as good as new. We got a great deal here, and if I was to come back to Iceland which I hope to do some day I would stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank muttley33
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Myself and some friends from Ireland stayed here and thought it was awesome. It is definitely better than any hotels. You have your own apartment within the hotel building. Everything is really modern, cool IKEA design. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is really spacious and the shower had great water pressure which I really appreciated at the end of an activity day on the glaciers!!
They put a tray of breakfast food in your fridge every day so you can get up in the morning, make some really good coffee in the coffee machine and make some nice breakfast. You get orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, skyir yogurt, three types of cheese, bagels, bread rolls and sliced bread. Also there is cornflakes, slices of ham, butter and jam. Basically, it's a nice breakfast before you head out for the day.
There is free wifi in the building which is great cause I had my mac with me and was able to look up tours on line and if you book online you get discounts with a lot of the tours :-)
The staff are really friendly and helpful and have a great sense of humour.
The location is great!! A two minute walk to the city centre, restaurants and the sea is only a 5 minute walk away (which is great if you like to go for a morning run).
Overall, this place is better than I expected. When I go back to Iceland, and I definitely will, I will most certainly stay here again!! :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank idr938
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

Apartments and studios. Clean and quaint. Decor is typically simple scandinavian lines. Looks like everything from the furniture to the kitchenware is from Ikea. Looks newly renovated. Staff friendly and helpful. Excellent location, within walking distance of almost everything.

• Stayed: August 2012