“They really took care of us”
Review of Fun Travel Tours

Fun Travel Tours
Ranked #116 of 289 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun Travel is an independent Tour Operator and a Destination Management Company. We provide personal service and are specialized in guided tours for small groups, with an English and Danish/Norwegian speaking driver-guide. The company is a licensed travel operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board and provides travel services in Iceland, such as private day tours, scheduled escorted tours and tour packages for travel agencies and tour operators.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We booked our private tour with Jens well in advance of arriving. He was most prompt in responding to all my questions and concerns. He offered us a nice package of transfers, North Lights and Golden Circle tour and South Coast. Our pick up at the airport was flawless and our guide Hershey was always on time and had plenty of suggestions. We saw everything we wanted to see including the Northern Lights. Hershey even brought coats and took pictures for us of the Northern Lights. He is very knowledgeable about Iceland and very excited to share his knowledge with us. Some times he was a little hard to understand, but did not mind repeating himself so that we could understand. I would highly recommend Fun Travel for your time in Iceland.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"accommodations"
"knowledge"

Reviewed 25 October 2014 via mobile

We booked a 11 days trip with Fun Travel to do a round island tour including the West fjords.

Pre-booking: (4.5 stars)
Jens is very prompt in replying to emails and queries. Even when he is touring, he will bring his laptop along to check his emails every morning. The reply, on average, is less than 48 hours. He is happy to answer questions and to make arrangements to cater to your interests.

Pricing: (4.5stars)
One of the most reasonable around. I have obtained quotation from almost all tour agency in tripadvisor. None gave me a more reasonable pricing than Jens. There was one day where we experienced gale and was unable to do a boat tour at jokullsarlon. He took initiative to offer a reduction of our tour fee. We really appreciate his honesty.

Itinerary: (4 stars)
I would say that we truly enjoyed the itinerary. South, South East and North of Iceland was great. Although Jens seldom did tours on the west fjords, he took time to find interesting places. However, I did feel that there was too much driving and too little to see at the west fjords. (We have 3 days in the west) . Maybe it was because the south was so amazing and filled with picturesque sceneries and activities. This is a personal opinion though. The west was different though. Snaefellness was quite enjoyable and scenic.

Guide: (3.5 stars- basic guiding)
Jens was both our driver and guide. He is man with few words. Before we start off our day, he would tell us briefly on the places that we would visit for the day. Before we arrive on the destination, he would again give us a brief introduction on the places. Thereafter, you would have to take initiative to ask questions. Of course, he would be glad to answer your queries. I did learn a lot about Iceland through our dinner conversation. Most of which was my questions on Iceland. So if you are talkative, curious, inquisitive and have a list of questions like me, then you would have no problem with Jens. :)

Driving: (4 stars)
Jens is a careful driver who takes notice of his environment and looks ahead of traffic. We felt safe even when he's driving the toughest road. He is familiar with the roads in Iceland. The only thing that he can improve on will be the familiarity of road with the west fjords which is understandable as he does not do this part of Iceland often. The vehicle he used is a bit old but it was comfortable and acceptable. We did not mind as the price is reasonable.

Accommodation + food (5 stars - exceed expectations)
We requested for basic accommodation with private bathrooms. Most of the places we stayed are farm stays and private apartment. All in good condition and some relatively new. The service is personalised and I would definitely recommend booking dinner with Jens. The meals are exceptionally good. To me, the additional amount that I have paid Jens to include the dinner was he most well spent and a bang for my buck.

Overall, Jens is a trustworthy person who you can trust to book your trip to Iceland with. I would definitely book with him again.

Thanks Jens!

3  Thank GlobeTrekker89
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We're back from a week in Iceland. Our 4 day tour with Fun Travel was perfect : our guide Orvar is very passionate about his country and very knowledgeable whether it is geology or the Sagas. He is very reliable and good company. We stayed in farms where dinners were absolutely delicious. Cherry on the cake, it was sunny too ! We would highly recommend Fun Travel to make the most of the experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was a two-day tour while we were in Reykjavik. The first day was spent touring the Golden Circle with Jens. The second day was spent touring the Blue Lagoon area with Pall. Prior to the tours, we communicated extensively with Jens, and he was extremely responsive. He answered all of our questions. The first day's tour was very informative. Our only complaint was a minor one. Jens seemed a bit detached and less enthusiastic than we would have liked. Nevertheless, it was a very enjoyable experience, and we learned a great deal. The second day, we went to the Blue Lagoon, and traveled off-road a good deal of the time. Pall did an excellent job getting us extremely close to the sites of interest. He even showed us an internet site with amazing pictures of Iceland's natural wonders. I have a mobility disability, and Pall was very gracious in helping me get around in my wheelchair/walker.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had seen recommendations for Fun Travel on Tripadvisor, so I emailed Jens and inquired about a Golden Circle tour for our group of 7 that were coming to Iceland on a cruise. Jens was very helpful and answered all my questions very promptly.
I had explained that my husband had difficulty walking long distances and I thought it might be best for him to remain on the ship. Jens suggested that accommodations could be made and encouraged him to join us.
Our guide was waiting for us when we came off the ship. He was very knowledgeable and answered all the questions we had. He also was very attentive to my husband and advised him whenever he felt the walking would be too difficult for him and had alternate routes for him to use.
I would definitely recommend them.