“Mozzarella Stick in Iceland?!?!?!”
Review of Grillhusid

Grillhusid
Ranked #137 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was joking with my wife that I was craving mozzarella sticks and low and behold we found them at Grillhusid. Believe it or not they were fantastic. This is a great restaurant if you are craving some good Americanized food. This is one of the few places that will also serve chicken.

***Let me preface the service across the board in Iceland. Don't expect non stop attentive service. Tips are not given in Iceland and the service depicts that. It is not a knock on the restaurant and the servers were extremely friendly, they just don't hover around your table like they may in the US. ***

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

First off the waitress had a table of friends sitting at the booth next to us so she spent most of the night at their table eating food off their plates and chatting to them. She asked my partner of he wanted a drink(he said water) then she walked away instantly before asking if i wanted one or even giving me a chance to suggest that i did. Upon arrival with the water i asked for a coke and the girl looked at me in disgust as if i should have told her earlier (even tho she didnt give me a chance!) We ordered our food and the starters were great, but the main courses came out about 3 minutes after the starter which meant we were still eating them and the waiter ( a man this time) tried to take our plates away while we were eating.
My partner got pasta which was amazing and i got a burger ,the girl who took the order didnt ask me how i wanted the burger cooked so when it came out there was so much blood and fluid coming our of my almost blue burger that the entire bun was saturated in it. And i dont like pink beef. I sat for 5 minutes looking at all the waiting staff who didnt seem to care before i could tell them of the issue. Then when my partner had finnished his pasta the girl came over and offered us a dessert menu (even tho she had been standing with her friends for 10 minutes next to us and could clearly see i didnt have a plate infront of me) i told her i hadnt had my burger yet and she said"you want welldone so you have to wait" .
The food once we eventually got what we wanted was incredible but I would NOT return based on the terribly poor service that we recieved. Shocking attitude to service!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went for dinner. The waitress did not want to be there. Her friends were sat at the table behind us and she kept sitting with them and eating their food whilst meant to be working. We were sat down for literally 1 minute and were asked what we wanted. We asked for a couple of minutes to look at the menu. She came back a minute later and took our order. Our starters came and they were great. But we were half way through eating them when our mains arrived and were dropped on the table. The girl waitress tries to take my girlfriend's starter away even though it was pretty obvious she hadn't finished. When the mains arrived my girlfriend's burger was raw. It looked like it had been cooked for a minute either side. The waitress never asked how she would like her burger cooked. We had to wait around 5 minutes to get one of the staffs attention. We asked for it to be cooked more. It finally returned 20 minutes later. It was amazing but the terrible service really let it down.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

On arrival we stood waiting to be seated, finally a waitress handed us menus and said go sit over there. It took a long time to order and when our food arrived we still hadn’t received our drinks meaning after waiting too long we had to go up and ask for them.

THE WORST PART...

We were still eating and we’re abruptly interrupted by the waitress whom I would suggest was the supervisor last night who told us we’re closing so you need to leave in a rude tone and snapped her fingers at us. So I had only eaten half of my meal and left hungry and was expected to pay full price 8950 isk which is £60 !! If the service was abit quicker we would have gotten our food quicker therefore been able to finish eating.

Im a waitress myself and never in my life have I seen such disgusting service. When closing you must wait for PAYING CUSTOMERS to finish, completely unacceptable. I would never return nor suggest anyone else to.

Food was amazing - service was the worst ever.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our first night in the city. It was reasonably priced (knowing that iceland is expensive) and tasted delicious. We had a couple of starters to share, and the garlic bread was amazing. Our main courses were lovely too, all washed down with some good Icelandic lager. Would recommend