“Perfect city retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
The bed is double (160 cm.) and has a designer headboard with a special dimmer lighting
The kitchenette has a two ring ceramic cooking unit, a refrigerator and a dining table for four. The bathroom is very bright and spacious
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The bathroom is very bright and spacious
The bathroom is also equipped with a washing machine and a clothes drying rack.
The bathroom has a very nice tiled shower, WC and a sink with a mirror and a hair dryer.
The hallway is spacious and has a closet for your clothes.
This floor plan picture shows the setup when two persons are staying in the apartment in one bed
Austurvollur square in front of the parliament building - 4 min. walk from the apartment
Austurvöllur is a very lively square in the summer time
Ingolfstorg square - 3 min. walk from the apartment
The old harbor is next door and there you'll find many charming restaurants, whale wathing etc.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Miss Andr...
“Cozy but not quiet”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Cozy Apartment is as advertised, in a brilliant location in the centre of Reykjavik,near the harbour and all the restaurants.
It is the first apartment that I've rented that is part of someone's home and it will be my last .
As always on a city break we tend to rush around seeing as much as possible so on our last day I just wanted to chill and pack before some window shopping.
About 9.30 that morning the owner arrives with an Electrician- the electrics for the whole house are of course down in the basement apartment. They leave and the owner comes back and apologises saying that the Electrician will be back he just went to get some bits , that's fine I say explaining I'm going to be packing as up at 4am for an early flight back to Gatwick- also at this point I'm thinking he (Electrician) can't be here for long.
So yes the Electrician came back about 11 , I was just able to get a shower , started packing but left the apartment at 12.30 ish ..... as I didn't want him to hear me go to the toilet!
Arriving back at the apartment 8.45 ish ..... that night done my retail therapy- happy hour and had a meal.... yep Mr Electrician is still in the apartment I've paid over £100 a day for and when I asked him to leave he wouldn't, I explained I have to be up early for my flight , he said give him another half hour ...? What after over 9 hours and the job not done - I said come at 6 in the morning we will be gone by then ... still he wouldn't go .
I have to laugh at what I did then ... I started to undress to go to bed ........ you have never seen an Electrician leave so fast ... he said I'm going I said Thank you ! Finally .
So yes I was up at 4am and caught my flight home .
I'm sure this apartment gets the reviews it deserves and works for many people, for me it didn't.

2 Oct 2017
Hi again and thank you for choosing our Cozy Studio for your stay in Reykjavik. I am very sorry to hear that the work on the electricity affected your stay. Our goal is always not to distract our guests in any way if possible. This particular incident was unique because of unforeseen circumstances and the electricians plan was to finish the work before 5 PM. On the other hand the breaker cabinet is not inside the apartment but in the stairway outside the perimeter of the apartment as described with pictures in our listings. Again, I'm sorry if this was a trouble to you but feel that it was mainly caused by the fact that you used the bathroom to smoke inside the apartment which is not allowed and you didn't want the electrician to notice it. I know this for a fact since the went from the bathrooms lead to our front door steps. Also there we cigaret stubs in the trash after you checked out which have admitted in our previous email communications.

Regards,

Location: 5 star
Coziness: 5 star
Function: 4 star
Look: 5 star

Really cozy apartment retreat- warm, welcoming and quiet. Wifi would be a good addition, but overall we definitely recommend the apartment.

3 May 2017
Hi again and thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Cozy Studio and of course welcome you back anytime if you ever head back up here. We know that most people like to have Wi-fi but we are somewhat specialists in the effects of wireless microwave radiation and decided not to have it in our house after IARC categorised it as possible carcinogen in 2011. Latest research like NTP and Hardell to name someone, and big groups of specialists are supporting a higher classification, some even category 1 or carcinogen. See you next time and thank you so much for choosing Cozy Studio for your visit to Iceland :-D
Primrose6...
Stanley, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Loved this apartment. It's off the beaten track so is lovely, quiet, spacious and warm but only a few minutes walk from the town and harbour. The kitchen area was well stocked with plates, cutlery etc and for me the apartment was so much nicer than being cooped up in a little stuffy hotel room. Iceland is such an amazing place, just a shame everything is so expensive or I'd be straight back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 Mar 2017
Hi and thank you so much for your lovely review and kind words! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Cozy and you will be back one day, even though it's expensive here. At least it's not as expensive as Norway where I am now visiting friends :-)

Warm regards from Iceland,
Hannah H
“Mrs.”
Reviewed 13 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had a wonderful time at Cozy. It was clean, comfortable, and convenient to downtown. The owner was very nice and welcoming!

13 Feb 2017
Hi and thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write the review. We are very grateful and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back anytime.

Best regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great apartment close to everything”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We stayed in the Cozy apartment for 4 nights.

The apartment is really comfortable and it is kitted out with everything you need. Sveinn and Stella have obviously put lots of thought into making sure they have provided for their guests - for example there was an airer for wet clothes (pretty important in January), a shoe rack for wet boots and coats and plenty of cooking essentials such as salt, stock, spices and oil if you wish to stay in for a night. There are even guides to Iceland and local restaurants on the book shelf for you to use! The lonely planet guide came in use during our stay.

We hired a car to take plenty of trips out and around the south west of Iceland. Although we could not park in the courtyard, where the house is located, Sveinn helped us find somewhere really close by we could park for free.

Location- you could not wish for a better location than this. You are literally 5 minutes walk to most places you will need: a corner shop, some great bars and restaurants and the old harbour. We loved being right in the heart of the city.

9 Jan 2017
Hi and thank you so much for taking time to write the review. I personally think it's one of the best we have received because it's so descriptive and will hopefully give future guests a good insight into what we offer.

It was such a pleasure having you with us and we of course hope to see you again someday.

Warm regards,
Sveinn and Stella
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing