Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Leigh
South Wales, United Kingdom

Great place to stay in central location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Mar 2024
We stayed here for 3 nights in March.
The apartments are one of the main streets in Reykjavik opposite the polar bear shop :)
They are self service so you enter the main door with a code and then there is a keypad on the handle or your room door.
Rooms super spacious lovely decor. Shower was also lovely with shower gel, shampoo conditioner etc provided which was top quality.
There was also a coffee machine in the kitchen area which was a great addition.
If you wanted extra pillows, towels or coffee pods then there is a help yourself cupboard in the hallway.
Beds and pillows really comfy and the room was very clean when we arrived.
Overall I would recommend these apartments to anyone visiting Reykjavik and if I was in the area again I would stay here again.
Thanks for a great stay!
Date of stay: March 2024
    AU$363
  • Official Site
2.2 km from Vintage Hotel Apartments
View more hotels in Reykjavik
All reviews coffee machine great location sandholt bakery the main street full kitchen small kitchenette grocery store shampoo and conditioner great amenities within walking distance central location minute walk a wonderful stay street parking self catering comfortable beds visiting reykjavik
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

I spent a week here and as the name of the place implies, it felt more like I was staying in an apartment than a hotel. There isn’t a traditional front desk. You are emailed codes to gain access to the hotel and also to your room. The only staff you’ll see are the ones that clean the rooms. I was perfectly fine with this set-up, but if you are someone that relies on the front desk/hotel staff for assistance this might not be the place for you. So my flight into Reykjavik arrived early and i ended up getting to the hotel around 10am. My code to gain access to the building worked, but it didn’t work to get into my room. I figured maybe I was too early so i went downstairs to the sitting area and waited. I wasn’t sitting there long before one of the workers who was cleaning rooms saw me and asked my room number. I told her and she said my room was ready and that she would get my code activated now. Greatly appreciated this! The room was huge and had a kitchen and sitting area. I appreciated having a kitchen as it allowed me to buy groceries and make food on my own saving me money. The location is right in the center of Reykjavik near shops and restaurants. Overall i loved my time here and highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2024

Great hotel with amazing views of the mountains. A great central location with all the city attractions within walking distance. The check in was via code which was easy to use and able to store luggage. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was well equipped with everything we needed and an added bonus as it is very expensive to eat out in Iceland. We used Bonus supermarket and cooked in sometimes. The shower was amazing with incredible water pressure. I loved this hotel and would use it again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2024

I booked an apartment as a surprise for my partners birthday and was pretty disappointed. The apartment was ok, much smaller than expected. The kitchen lacked many essentials for preparing and cooking food which kind of defeats the object of having a kitchen. We had no iron or ironing board and despite requesting the use of one, we were ignored. Hairdryer didn’t work and was refused a late check out despite asking with plenty of notice, just got a flat no.
Location was good but the lack of customer service and basic requirements means that I wouldn’t stay here again and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone else either.

Room tip: Don’t book, you’ll be disappointed
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2024 via mobile

We stayed for two days at the beginning and two days at the end of our 8 day trip to Ireland. The location was great and the little kitchen was excellent for making basic meals when not wanting to venture out or pay high prices for eating out. The room was a little smaller than expected but it was functional and felt cosy. We were lucky enough to stay in the same room both times. It was at the back of the hotel (103) and not noisy at all despite being in a busy street.
The only thing we would say could be improved was the cleanliness of the bathroom, especially above eye level. Both my husband and I noticed that the extractor above the shower was pretty much blocked with dust, the light could do with a wipe, the drains could do with a bit of cleaner/bleach and the conditioner pump was completely blocked and had to be removed to use the conditioner. I did leave it off on our first visit to alert the cleaning team but it wasn't fixed or cleaned on our return. I had also asked for an extra pillow twice but it never appeared. These were relatively minor niggles though and we would stay again.

Room tip: Bag storage was helpful. Kitchen facilities were very useful and food basics can be bought from the bonus very close by.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2024

I’ve just come home from a fabulous 3 nights stay, I loved everything about the apartment, it was in a great location , I would 100% stay here again and would 100% recommend- our room was comfortable clean and I wouldn’t change anything, we did have a room on the front and without earplugs you could hear noise from outside but with ear plugs I slept like a baby.
Beds were super comfy and the small kitchen was perfect for our needs.
Check out and check in was easy with our own code to get in and out of the building and we could even leave our luggage before and after our stay, we did book well in advance so the price was very reasonable couldn’t fault a thing

• Trip type: Travelled with friends