All reviews coffee machine the penthouse nice kitchenette area salt and pepper grinders plates bowls fabulous coffee stocked kitchenette conditioner and body wash super friendly and helpful staff a small dining table morning flight full kitchen the main street modern and stylish local mobile phone cozy room great bakery
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Location - PRIME!!! Can't say enough about the amazing location of this hotel. After staying at this hotel for 4 nights I really think it's worth even more money than we paid. You walk out of the main door and turn either right or left and you're in the heart of the action. Close to the bus station, close to cafes, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

Cleanliness - This is huge for me and this hotel nailed it! Everything was spotless and every night when we returned back to the room, it was just how we found it when we checked in.

Decor - The feel of this hotel was awesome. Sure, there's no "lobby" or place to hangout like there would be if you stayed in a Marriott, Hyatt, etc. but there's no need. The rooms are edgy, modern and sleek - I want my house to look like those rooms!

Staff - We met a few different employees and all of them were amazing. Always greeted with a smile and were quick to help with anything we needed. A young woman from Serbia even assisted us in using the phone to call the UK when our flight got delayed and plans had to be switched.

Moral of the story - I would stay here again and recommend it to anybody!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ashnicgerm
Reviewed 12 June 2018

My boyfriend and I flew to Reykjavik, Iceland this past week for the first time. Unfamiliar with the area, I did a lot of research prior to the trip. One thing I found is that Laugavegur Street was where all the shops and restaurants were in town. Since we were not renting a car for the week, it was important for us to stay as close to everything as possible.

I couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Reykjavik. The highlight of this hotel was LOCATION. We walked to all of our restaurants, bars, shopping and were only two blocks from the bus station. Our room was very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was the best. We also had windows to crack to get some fresh air. My favorite thing about our room was the coffee machine. The room also had a full dining set, an oven, a stove, and a refrigerator in case you wanted to eat in one night (since it is pricey to eat and drink in Iceland). The girl at the front desk was very helpful and answered any questions we had. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caitpisula
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We stayed at 41 A Townhouse hotel in late May. The check-in and check-out process was easy (we were also able to store our luggage after check-out). The room was spacious and modern. It was great to have a kitchenette but we wanted directions on how to use the fancy coffee machine as it took us a while to figure out how to use it.

The bed was comfortable. However trying to sleep when the sun never sets was hard because the blinds were not black-out and did not entirely cover the windows. There was a small space around the side and top of the blind that let in light. I would suggest adding black-out curtains or rehanging the blinds such that they cover the entire window.

It was a nice place to stay-I would stay here again. The location was close to bus stop 7, a grocery store, and many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyTravels720
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Our room was great - actually much more room than we needed but we booked at the last minute so the price was great also. We left our room at the Hotel Borge due to construction outside our window and the hotel refusing a request to change rooms. This resulted in a last minute booking at A Townhouse. The "Penthouse" room was tremendous, large kitchen table, two bed rooms with double beds, a sitting area and a balcony. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We also stayed at A Townhouse 105 early in our trip. It was very nice also. Note that A Townhouse 41 does not offer parking for guests while A Townhouse 105 does. It seems that very few hotels in the Central District offer parking and street parking is Hourly so keep this in mind. We parked our car outside of the Central District after unloading at A Townhouse 41 and left it there for our stay

Room Tip: Iceland is expensive - hotels included.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WZMAN
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I can absolutely recommend this hotel. It’s in a fabulous location right on a main shopping street and is surrounded by restaurants, cafes etc though self catering is also an option as all you need is provided.
It makes walking to various sites such as Halgrimskirkja and the harbour easy.
The staff are friendly and helpful - what a difference that can make! Reykjavik is amazing!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo