“Snorkeling Silfra- Must do!”
Review of Iceland Advice

Iceland Advice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Iceland Advice is a fully licensed Tour operator, Booking office and Information center in Iceland. Iceland Advice offers a wide range of tours & activities to make sure that there is always something for everyone. With Iceland Advice, you get outstanding customer service, guaranteed best price and simple and fast bookings.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough about what a great experience this was! We (husband, children 15 & 12) weren’t sure if we had gotten in over our heads signing up for snorkeling since only one of us had experience snorkeling or using a dry suit.
Right after meeting our guide, Neil, we immediately relaxed. He was warm, funny, reassuring and made the entire experience awesome!
Putting on the suits was not an easy task but with his guidance, patience and humor we had fun even doing that.
The snorkeling itself was out of this world. My biggest fear was being cold and except for my face and my hands a bit the rest of me was warm. The water is so crystal clear and delicious and refreshing to drink. Bring a water bottle to fill up!
The photos Neil took for us gave us a chance to relax and enjoy the snorkeling knowing he was going to capture the memories for us! Thank you!

All reviews
"hot chocolate and cookies"
in 21 reviews
"silfra fissure"
in 11 reviews
"incredible pictures"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews
"views are amazing"
"glacier water"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was a truly unique and probably once in a life time experience, which most of you have already read about by now. I recommend it with all my heart. A huge part of this experience for us was having it with Neil - our guide. He was just awesome - funny, friendly, super nice and super patient. It is really a piece of work, I’ll tell ya, for a guide to help put (or really- put by himself :-) all those dry suites on 6 people who are doing it for the first time. It can be exhausting for a normal person:). After all, we felt amazingly comfortable and basically warm in almost freezing temperatures water, which helped us enjoy what we saw to a full extent. After the tour he offered us hot chocolate, cookies (kids enjoyed them especially) and even a bit of whiskey to warm up. We did our tour on April 2 - it was snowing heavily in the morning and early afternoon. The road we were on was closed due to a traffic accident. We had to take a detour and were running quite late as a result. Neil was patiently waiting for us, and greeted us with the same warm welcome and understanding.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our group of 6 had an awesome time snorkeling Silfra, and it was a definite highlight of our trip to Iceland! Our guide Neil was great! He explained the significance of snorkeling Silfra, helped us get into our dry suits, was extremely helpful to those in the group that were a little nervous, and had awesome hot chocolate and cookies to end the day! The water visibility was amazing, and we had perfect weather. We would all definitely recommend this company and this activity while in Iceland!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

One of the most incredible things I've ever done! Cordelia was an awesome instructor! I was nervous at first but she made me feel so comfortable :) this is a definite must do!!

Cordelia C, Guide at Iceland Advice, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi Beth
I’m so pleased you enjoyed it despite a few nerves! Thank you for your review.
Best wishes
Cordelia

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Incredible colours, a beautiful underwater landscape and crystal clear visibility (more than 100m even on a cloudy grey day) - it totally surpassed my expectations and we loved every minute of this experience. Neil, our guide, was fantastic - he clearly has a deep love for his “office” and looked after us so well, from wrestling us into our drysuits to making sure the less-confident member of our small group was comfortable and happy in the water.

It was great to not have to worry about taking photos, since we knew Neil was snapping away (and he sent us a link to access them the very same day). This means you can relax and absorb every moment of the experience.

I highly recommend this activity and couldn’t have asked for more from Neil and Iceland Advice, they were great!