“Reykjavik Favorite”

Saeta Svinid Gastropub
Ranked #40 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Description: Saeta Svínid (Sweet pig) is an Icelandic Gastropub you can drop by for drinks and good quality food in a casual and fun atmosphere. We serve lunch, late lunch and dinner. Our mission is to provide tasty food made with good quality Icelandic ingredients at reasonable prices. And we offer a unique selection of beer, wine, and cocktails to enjoy alongside the food.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

During our 8 days visit, this is the only place we visited more than two times. Very friendly staff, good service and a diverse menu for food and drinks. They also have one of the best happy hours in town because it includes their cocktails and not just beer and wine. Some days we had happy hour finger foods and another we had a full dinner. In all cases the food was hot and delicious. This was our favorite casual meal and drink place during the visit. Hope to get back their again in the future!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As a local, the "Sweet Pig" is one of my go-to spots for a tasty lunch or dinner and I almost always take out-of-town guests here. The restaurant is on three levels and all have a nice atmosphere although I prefer the top floor or the basement. It can get quite crowded and the tables are small, especially on the main floor, but that doesn't matter much because the food is without exception delicious and the service always quick and friendly. Some of my favorites are the veggies and hummus, any of the fish dishes, and the burgers. Waffle fries and/or a bread basket with date/beer butter are a must. And if you somehow have room for dessert, get the chocolate nemesis cake. You won't regret it.

Unless it's a holiday, you can generally be seated right away for lunch. They do take reservations and I'd say reservations are a good idea for weekend dinners. They also have a fair amount of outdoor seating when the weather cooperates.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went here on last night of holiday. Was very busy and we waited about 10 mins for a table. It is a very popular eatery and has a huge range of ales and lagers including beer flight options.
The salmon was lovely and 3 of us had the burgers and another the vegan burger. All really tasty. Located down by the harbour about 20 mins from our apartment and 15 mins from bus stop 7.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We rolled the dice and strolled down to find a place to eat and were quickly seated in a buzzing, lively atmosphere and greeted by a charming waitress. Food was well presented and with some culinary flair. Great example of quality gastropub.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this establishment twice. First time was to grab a beer with my mate after walking around the city. The second time I came for dinner. It gets pretty crowded on the weekends so we made reservations. They offer a 7 course traditional Icelandic meal for about 79000 ISK which is a pretty good deal. A few items that I could remember included smoked puffin, minke whale, horse, lamb, and ling. I ended up getting the smoked puffin as a starter and then the ling (a cod-like fish) as a main course. The meal was absolutely delicious. There are 3 floors of seating and it does get a little tight inside but I didn't think of it as a bad thing. It added a cozy charm to the place. However the only issue I saw was that the lighting is really dim. Otherwise i had a great experience and would recommend giving this place a go. The staff are friendly and the establishment is moderately priced. I will definitely visit again whenever I'm back in Reykjavik.