All reviews skyr the owner private bathroom stayed one night small town location is great
Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in a twin ensuite room as part of a 7 day road trip around the route 1.
Hofn is a small place but we got unlucky because there was a workers strike so only 1 out of the 3 restaurants in town was open the whole time we were there! It was nice food but it would have been nice to switch it up for our second night. Anyway that wasn't the guesthouse's fault - just a bit of a bummer!

Good points:

- Good location, next door to two restaurants (one that was open when we were there) and also 5 mins walk to the nearest supermarket.
- Very clean room.
- Beds comfortable though my husband found them a bit too soft for his personal taste.
- Free wifi which worked well.
- Minimal noise from guests despite being right beside breakfast room.

Average/Poor

- Hotel going through a re fit so outside doesn't look very inviting!
- No breakfast included - dissappointing as I've read so many good reviews about the breakfast here but for some reason they aren't offering it at all anymore.
- Shower cubicle very small and low! My husband is tall so banged his head a few times!
- No plug for the sink

Verdict: There are limited options in Hofn and we paid just over £70 per night which is more than what id pay in the UK for the same accommodation, however Iceland is expensive so you've just got to roll with it! The room was basic but clean, however there were a few negatives which I've listed above which makes me knock off a couple of points. Overall though I'd recommend it if you're in Hofn and just want a place to crash - I wasn't blown away by it but nothing stood out as being very bad so all in all an average stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2014

The gusthouse is located on the harbour, not far from the city center.
The staff was very friendly and helpful: we arrived in the evening and they arrived in a matter of time and also suggested us some good spot to eat.
Good points: the breakfast was very very very good, with homemade products and the best Skyr I had in Iceland. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean.
Bad points: we booked a double room with shared bathroom (which as I said before were extremely clean), but the room itself was very small (with 2 twin beds). I'm used to travel and find small rooms, but this one was particularly small: it had the 2 beds and 1 chair. And that was it.
Except from this little particular everything was very good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We arrived to Höfn a bit early, and had to wait for a few hours to check in. We spent some time at the restaurant Pakkhus. I can really recommend that restaurant, good food!
When it was time to check in we went to the guesthouse and called the owner. He came down to the guesthouse in 2 min. We got a room on the 2nd floor. We shared one bathroom with 3 other rooms, which could be a bit much sometimes. Especially because the room next to ours had 4 family members. Thankfully there were two more bathrooms on the 1st floor.
The guesthouse has no kitchen facilities. Breakfast is included and it was really good! Many restaurants close to the guesthouse.
Free wifi is included as well, which is always appreciated. Staff was really nice and helped out a lot.
The room included two single beds and a small table. The beds were comfortable. We felt that it wasn’t enough AC outlets in the rooms and had to share.
Way too expensive though! 140 euro for a tiny room with shared bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank everythingcounts
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Right off the harbor and right next door to a great restaurant. The host was extremely accommodating and the breakfast was quite good. Everything was very clean, good bathroom, comfortable beds. We were happy with it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OurFuture
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had a warm welcome from the owner. The house is situated at a good spot in town, no sea view though. Bath room facilities are a bit small, there is a big dining room. Breakfast is served from the owner and the cook. It is rich and includes local specialities. Coffee and cookies are available during the day.

Stayed: July 2014