All reviewshot tubnorthern lightsgolden circlevilla romancewake up callthe main hotellambgreat viewsitting areabreakfast and dinnerunderfloor heatingself cateringblue lagoonsandwichdining roomenjoy the viewsplit level
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I must preface this review by saying that we spent 2 nights here, just after spending 2 nights at another top quality hotel in the South, so this may be a bit harsh on them ... The location is well away from any main attractions, which may well be what people want and the view across the fjord from our villa was fantastic, with a different mood at different times of day. Sitting outside in the hot tub under the stars with a cold drink was lovely even if the Northern Lights didn't make an appearance for us. So dark and quiet. The darkness is an issue in the villas however, as there is no form of lighting at all to guide you up to the main hotel at night - thank goodness iphones have a torch! The main building itself is a large corrugate clad monstrosity from the outside, but it's welcoming and quirky inside. It was probably bad luck that the 2 nights we stayed the place was virtually deserted and there was no atmosphere whatsoever (not even any background music). We looked at the menu and it may be fine, but nothing on it attracted us enough to try it. The breakfast was a decent spread with lots of options, but lukewarm fried eggs seem to be the norm in Iceland (strange). The villa itself was ok, but not what you would call luxury, and bearing in mind our booking was B&B, one would have thought there might actually be some tea/coffee in the villa - but nothing, rather odd and stingey. The staff were all very young and rather tentative, but friendly enough. I've given a 4 star rating but really it's a 3.5 star to me.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is a great location away from city lights. Hotel room was clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast spread was good. Bar staff seemed a little inexperienced but staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel has great views and located a few miles off route 1.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne Marie T
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I have to say that the stay was pretty nice. We stayed in one of the Villas with amazing view over the Fjord and the Atlantic. It was fantastic laying in the private hot tup watching the northern lights above!!! The villa has a very comfortable living room and a very well equipped kitchen. Big cosy bed and very nice bathroom. We had a very good cocktails and dinner at the restaurant and the staff was extremely tentative. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fuglarnir
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and the place was magical. The rooms have a great view over the fjord and sea, the staff was fun and nice. They have a hot tub and a bar which makes it perfect for couples that want a romantic view of the northern lights :-) 5 stars

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baroninn
Reviewed 24 September 2017

What a place to stay on the last night of the Ring Road.

I forgot how many kilometres I had done by this stage, I had 10 great days in Iceland and seen stunning views and stayed in some great hotels and enjoy the famous Icelandic hospitality.

The room I had was this brilliant Duplex arrangement with a huge view down the Fjord. The bed was upstairs and the downstairs was a lounge and bathroom. Words fail me for how great this was.

Then I was quickly into my swim shorts and out to the hot tubs, with no one around and the tubs to myself I had a fantastic hour and it brought to me how small we are, when you look down the Fjord and out to the Atlantic.

The food was again stunning, fish and lambs are cooked to perfection.

You won't be disappoint by this hotel, and close to Reyavik and Keflavik for a quick weekend break or the start / end of the Ring Road.

Room Tip: Grab a drink and sit in the hot tubs and watch over the Fjord.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo