All reviews old police station design district stylish hotel art deco small luxury great hotel style room lobby bar rain shower within walking distance excellent breakfast quiet street spacious rooms hotel breakfast comfort room room key junior suite
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed in 2 Lux Double rooms for 4 nights. Both rooms were very stylish and luxurious with huge comfortable beds and decent bathrooms. One room had a sofa bed and a bathroom with bath and shower. The other was more like a junior suite with a separate living room but just a shower and no bath. Complimentary toiletries are from The White Company. The rooms are quite dark but have a nice relaxing feel to them. There are some nice quirky details that make it feel a bit special. Both of our rooms overlooked the courtyard, so not a great view but it was incredibly quiet. Service is 'above and beyond'. Nothing was too much trouble and all staff are happy and friendly. Great food in the restaurant. Breakfast is really healthy and interesting with honey mead and sea buckthorn shots to kick start your day. The location is great too. Close to the centre and walking distance to everything. Would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The first word that came into my mind when I walked into my room was: clean! The bathroom was immaculately tidied and spotless , well stocked with a full range of amenities, the hairdryer was one of the best so far in all the hotels we had stayed in this one-month trip.

Breakfast was included and the food quality was really good. It had a varieties of cut fruits, breakfast standard was of exceptionally high.

Location was good, there was a supermarket right across the hotel which made it very easy to stock up everyday supplies.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 3 nights at Hotel Lilla Roberts.
It’s located in central Helsinki meaning we could walk to all the tourist spots.
Our room was very quiet with huge comfy bed. The shower in the bathroom was fantastic! The room was small but had everything we needed apart from tea/coffee facilities which would have been nice.
We had breakfast included and it was decent enough but not spectacular.
The lobby bar made brilliant (albeit expensive) cocktails and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, lovely food in the restaurant, excellent breakfast, loved the Easter egg competition, great social media interaction, spacious rooms, however the experience was expensive, but the whole of Finland is expensive :-)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Checked in at midnight and quickly made my way to my room which was large and inviting. Enormous King bed with a sofa at the bottom of the bed large screen TV, luxury amenities in the large well appointed bathroom. Well supplied mini bar and and iron and ironing board. Plenty of room to stretch out and relax with great blockout curtains. Hotel is within walking distance to everything and there is a supermarket across the road if you have forgotten anything. Bar was lively the night I arrived even though it was midnight although not so much the other 2 nights I was there. Great variety on the breakfast buffet although not really laid out in a way to enable easy access. eg the toaster was sitting on a table near the door away from where the bread or even the eggs where. As I was traveling solo ate in the restaurant the first night and had the Burger special which was delicious. I went to eat in the restaurant the second night but it was closed so ate in the reception/lounge area in front of the fire place. Whilst the food and service was nice, it was a little awkward eating a steak from my seat to the low table. If someone had mentioned when I was booking the restaurant the first night that the restaurant would be closed the following evening I would have reversed my meal choices. The bar are was only opened later in the day but I had an ordinary Hot Chocolate on my return from my walk one afternoon and then a cocktail when the bar opened later. If you visit do try the Sea Buckthorn Juice tastes much better than it looks! Paid a negotiated rate at the reception for late check out as my fight was leaving Helsinki at midnight. My only criticism would be with the turn down service which consisted of putting bottles of water on the bedside table one night but a tidy and water up the other, and because I arrived so late I never saw the room "made up". The hotel has a theme and sticks to it so there are many things to look at in all the public rooms. Staff encountered were friendly but not particularly over informative. Would I return? Yes of course!

1  Thank LeonieLordHoweIsland