“Tasty and cozy”

Price range: USD 64 - USD 132
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Olo treats you to a gastronomic journey filled with Nordic influence. It's all about the best ingredients and clear, modern flavors. Naturally wine plays an integral part in the dining experience. Our cellars are filled with interesting wines, including wines that are exclusively available at Olo. In our restaurant, you can feel the passion for work and food. Everyone in Olo shares that same feeling - love for food. That love and genuine warmth we want you also to feel as our guest. We have been awarded in Michelin Guide with one star since 2011. Welcome to enjoy!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Place was peaceful and one can find a variety of dining rooms. Creative kitchen is interesting idea. One can attend to the making of the dish. Simply excellent food!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Olo is located near Market Square. I was happy to be seated by the window so that I enjoyed a bit of a sea view during my dinner.

It's a no choice menu. Each of the many items of food I ate was a delight to both my eye and tastebuds. It's difficult to name just one favourite dish because there're simply too many. I ended up trying something which I'd never eaten before (for example heart of reindeer smoked and shaved on top of a little tart). Though the restaurant said its menu focused on seafood (langoustine from Norway was particularly impressive), the veal sweetbread was very delicious too.

Three nights before my dinner at Olo, I tried Ask. Their format and concept were similar (the large number of dishes served and the use of high quality local ingredients). They're both very good.

However, I would say the food at Olo was a little bit more refined. Also, I'd a more enjoyable time in Olo because the tables were more generously spaced and it's not noisy at all. It's just far too noisy in Ask.

The reason I didn't rate 5 stars was because Olo had messed up my earlier reservation. I'd originally booked online for dinner on Friday, 30 March 2018 (Easter Friday) about 3 months ago and my reservation was instantaneously confirmed. However, I received an email from the restaurant in early March informing me that it'd not be open on 30 March 2018 and the reason why I could book online was due to a bug in its reservation system. I managed to change my reservation to another date but in doing so I needed to give up the reservation of another restaurant which I'd wanted to try.

1  Thank Egon70
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on Saturday night and really enjoyed the whole experience. We had booked the chef’s table which gave us access to go and watch the chef’s prepare their dishes and ask searching questions. It was a great menu - with many highlights. I liked the use of local ingredients and each chef was very willing to explain his dish and answer related questions. Would definitely recommend this if you like tasting menus.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Ate there with my wife yesterday. Fantastic meal. Fixed menu but inventive, creative and very fresh. The rhythm was good. The website announces a three hour meal but you’re done in 2 hours and a bit. Great service. A fantastic find in Helsinki.

1  Thank johnnyfeelgood2016
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Had a lovely dinner at Olo over the summer. Great service. They moved us to the Chef's table. It was a great experience.