“Nice upscale steakhouse”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 73
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2016

My first visit after their rebranding to a steak restaurant. Decor is still nice, service good, although we felt the sommelier good have offered more suggestions rather than just asking what we wanted. The premium steaks are somewhat pricey but very good, the petite tender I had was one of the best steaks I've had in Finland. Options for vegetarians would understandably be a bit limited, but for a carnivore certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I visited Grotesk with my wife at an early Saturday evening. There weren't that many customer at that time at the restaurant. We had the appetisers and a main course with some wine.

There were many small things that could have been better that would have improved the rating. The food was OK but there were small things that could have been better. The steak that I had was good. The french fries that were as the side dish were not at the same level.

The place was half full when we were there and the majority of the clients already had their main dishes. Even then it took quite a long time for us to get the appetisers (around 30 minutes) and main dishes (other 30 minutes). Also we had to wait for almost 45 minutes before we were able to order the wine.

The good things were that the atmosphere was nice and the service was friendly.

If you like a good steak that isn't that expensive then this is a good place.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The ambience of the restaurant is very stylish. Even by Helsinki standards, the restaurant is quite pricey and the food was not up to the value. The steak I had was average at best. Staff very polite and friendly.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Went with several Finnish colleagues trying out the no-menu restaurant. It was interesting!

There was a good mix of international cooking! We had white fish with some onions and sesame, and steak tartar with cheese as starters - interesting flavor, and beef tartar was very tasty. Main course was flat iron steak and something else, they were both good. Side dishes included sundries tomatoes, fried sweet potatoes, salsa, another green grainy topping, all were good. Dessert was chocolate Rene brûlée with coffee ice cream. Good, but a little sweet to my taste.

Interior was quite dark. I wasn't keen about the seating across from a huge fridge holding a rack of raw ribs and some bundled meat. That didn't help with the appetite. Where I was sitting I could also see the open kitchen from far. I don't think it's intended but happens to be that way. It's not particular suitable considering the nice dimmed atmosphere they gave created.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Meat is worth tasting. I had no complaints at all. After drinks in great terrace during summer. Terrace is really popular in Helsinki.