“Classy and relaxed Italian restaurant in Helsinki”
Review of Virgin Oil Co.

Virgin Oil Co.
Ranked #282 of 1,828 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: The only restaurant in the heart of Helsinki that combines American-Italian food, amazing live gigs and a laid-back bar atmosphere. Pizza from a wood burning oven, wine from the barrel, live music upstairs.
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I have had two dinners with friends in this restaurant. Both times the food has been really good. First time I had a very nice pizza. Second time I had a starter, delicious lasagna as main dish and very nice Italian ice cream as dessert. I would say that Virgin Oil is a classy and at the same time quite a relaxed place for a nice evening with friends. I have been especially impressed by the Italian food. In my opinion the price and quality meet in a nice way in this place. My tree course dinner with a beer cost around 40 EUR. The restaurant has an Italian style pizza oven made of stone. In this place you can feel Italy in Helsinki!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I was at this restaurant for the first time. The waitress was very polite and she recommended for us pizza Imperiale: crayfish, cold smoked salmon, rocket, tomato sauce and mozzarella. I was a little suspicious for the crayfish, but it was really tasty.
We could also have it as half, because we were not so hungry.
We drank Kronenbourg 1664 (5 %) french light lager beer and it was also tasty.
I think the price and the quality was ok.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We visited for my girlfriend's birthday with some friends and overall it was a positive dining experience with some great food.

We visited mid-week and the restaurant was fairly quiet so we were able to get a table without booking. Despite the restaurant being quiet, we were placed in the corner by the fairly noisy kitchen which was slightly disappointing, but the quality of the food more than made up for it, and was a reasonable price to boot. Service was warm and friendly, although a little slow. Overall, it was a nice evening in a nice restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 13 October 2015

First of all, virgin Oil is a popular restaurant, so book a table on weekend evening. You may have to stand in the queue a while because everyone else have booked tables also.

The food was good, reasonable priced and relaxed atmosphere. We shared two different antipasto selections as starters. They were delicious. I took risotto with crayfish as main course, and I liked it. Only the semi-dry white wine was too sweet even I usually like more sweeter than extra dry. Hot chocolate cake with ice cream was very good (as always...).

Highly recommended for groups of friends.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Food was fine, pizza was average. Drinks were quite expensive, we sat outside which was nice. It is in a busy location so good for watching the world go by.

Date of visit: September 2015