“Another Helsinki Find”

Ranked #9 of 1,772 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: USD 17 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian, Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ragu portraits the combination of our inspiration from clean and innovative Scandinavian Kitchen and our passion for italian culinary heritage. Expect something new, something old, customer-orientated and interesting.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great meal was had on my most recent visit to Helsinki. We needed to move our reservation back due to a delayed flight, and they were able to fit us in. The wine list was very developed and not over priced, and the meal itself was exquisite.

Ragucrew, Ragu Crew at Ragu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your excellent review! We import most of our wines ourself and we want to have lot of special affordable wines on the menu. Good to hear you enjoyed the meal itself too!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The food was made from quality fresh ingredients. I loved the relaxed atmosphere, the delicious bread box, the ice cream dessert was refreshing and light. Portions of a 3 course meal is substantial.

However everything was just a touch too salty. The lamb sausage in the main dish was good but the lamb shoulders were dry, and the beautiful dish was covered by 2 shapeless pieces of tasteless cabbage leaves?

The service, while very friendly, is far from attentive. I was there on a busy Saturday night, but from the moment you sit down you have to wait for everything, 10-15 min before a menu is even brought to you. I had to ask for a wine list, wait for water, the bill.. I noticed this from other tables as well.

The last Micheline starred restaurant I went to in Vienna had impeccable service and you never have to think of asking for anything. While I give Ragu 4 stars for food, and it has the potential to be great... they are a touch shirt on presentation and service

I would give 4 stars for the food, but the

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Ragu is indeed an amazing Michelin level restaurant. Enjoyed Menu Ragu with wine recommendations and it indeed was marvellous. And to the excellent quality I'd say price was quite moderate. Nice athmosphere and excellent service.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

One of the best menues I have ever tasted, and the wines recommended went well with the foods. The service was relaxed and not stiff (like you could imagine in a "fine dining" restaurant). Higly recommended!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The taste of our dinner was really incredible. It was like a "aroma explosion" in your mouth :-) Even the homemade bread with different dips.