2,348 results
All reviews converted prison tram stop prison theme prison walls tin plates prison hotel unique hotel prison cell original features city centre number tram viking line ferry uspenski cathedral market square private sauna comfortable rooms min walk
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Tthe location was good, it was 7-8 minutes to the center by walking , also there was a trum station ,n front of the hotel. The hotel is located in a quiet place. The sauna hours were not enough according to my idea, there was no other amenities. The breakfast was good.

Room tip: it had been used as a prison more than 10 years ago, it was an interesting experience.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
EerikaRinne, Johtaja at Hotel Katajanokka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello!

Warm greetings from cold & rainy Katajanokka.
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service and housekeeping standards.

Rita is one of our key people, and very much liked and respected by the team, and we usually get nothing but great comments about her service. I do apologise, if for any reason there was misunderstanding with communication. I am absolutely certain that it was not intentional.

We keep the sauna open for public on weekend mornings only, as we have such a high demand to rent it privately to our guests in the evening time.

I hope that you had a lovely time both at hotel Katajanokka and Helsinki.

I wish you all the best for the spring season, and hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed here for 3nights as a family of 3 (all adults).
The hotel is in a fantastic location. Very quiet , yet within walking distance to most places or an easy ride on a tram from outside the hotel.
The hotel building is beautifully restored and the staff at reception and breakfast were polite and helpful.
We stayed in a family room with a sofa bed and the room was clean and spacious with an enormous king size bed and some lovely personal touches in the decor.
The only con in the room was the depth of the bath making the step in and out a little precarious for those with short legs or mobility issues. Although this is also a pro for those wishing to use it as a bath.
Also close to the Viking line ferry terminal , which is another great reason to choose this hotel.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful with fresh baked bread a standout.
We would definitely recommend this hotel

Room tip: Family room is spacious and on ground level
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Michelle

Thank you for your kind review! I am delighted to hear that you had a great time staying with us, and our historical and unique building made an impression on you.
I will also pass on your thanks to the team, I know they will be very happy!

We do also have family rooms with walk in shower.

We love feedback, and it is always worth talking to a member of staff; no request is too big or detail too small for us!

Thank you again for your feedback & for choosing Hotel Katajanokka for your stay in Helsinki.

I wish you a lovely spring season, and hope we will see you again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We just spent 3 wonderful nights at this superb hotel. We had 2 nights in a standard double room at the start of our trip and 1 night at the end in a superior room. Both rooms were superb the superior room is much bigger but we had adequate space in the standard room both were lovely. The rooms are so quiet and peaceful, spotlessly clean and super comfy beds.

The breakfast is just 5 star you will want for nothing many thanks to the breakfast chefs for the wonderful selection of food at breakfast we especially loved the creamy porridge - not what one would expect from prison food !!!

A special thank you to all the very cheerful reception staff they were just wonderful this is what makes a good and memorable hotel.

We used the airport taxi yellow line shared taxi service from the airport and paid 50 euros for a return trip (you get a discount for a round trip we booked online). Great service as taxis are expensive. There is a tram right outside the hotel but bear in mind you cannot buy your tickets on board and they need to be purchased nearby outside the ferry terminal which is about a 10 minute walk. We walked downtown in under 15 minutes.

5 star service and hospitality at this wonderful hotel at very affordable rates.
Thank you for such a memorable visit from Josephine & Paul, Cork, Ireland

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Josephine & Paul

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I am touched by your kind words, and cant wait to share them with the whole team!

I am delighted to hear that you had such a lovely time with us, and hope your entire trip was equally successful and you made wonderful memories for the lifetime!

I wish you all the best and hope we will have a pleasure to welcome you back again in the future!

Warm regards
General Mamager

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights, the front desk staff was extremely helpful and service minded. The bed at the hotel was so comfortable, I wish I could’ve taken it with me. The atmosphere is very unique when you think about that this is a former prison. They have done a wonderful job in restoring it. The breakfast buffet had wide variety of items suitable for every kind of breakfast need. You can walk into the city centre or take the number 4 team from right outside the hotel.
I will definitely stay here when I visit Helsinki next time.

Trip type: Travelled solo
EerikaRinne, Johtaja at Hotel Katajanokka, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Emilia

Thank you for your lovely review, and please accept my sincerest apologies not thanking you earlier.
II am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and especially the breakfast was to your liking and you slept well in our bed from Unikulma brand granted you a good night's sleep.

Thank you again for choosing Hotel Katajanokka for your stay, and I look forward to seeing you again when coming to Helsinki

Have a wonderful summer time!

Warm regards
General Manager0

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed in a junior suite with a sauna, and it was really nice. The room (and the hotel) was peaceful and atmospheric. The staff were very nice and helpful. All in all, we enjoyed our stay there a lot. Maybe the room could use a set of more "blocking" curtains. Otherwise, in Spring and Summer the room gets too much light in early in the morning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sami J, Chief Concierge at Hotel Katajanokka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Greetings from snowy Helsinki!

I am happy that you liked the room of yours, which used to be a group cell while this was still a prison. Thank you for the tip about the curtains. It is very nice that your overall stay was joyful! Welcome again!

With kind regards,