1,632 results
All reviews design hotel envy room sky lofts sky terrace toscanini restaurant loft room great design cool hotel rooms are small porridge the breakfast area central location excellent location breakfast buffet train station business trip visiting helsinki
Reviewed 28 May 2010

It wasn't bad in general. The first day we complained about stinky cushions on the bed. From that point, we had at least twice of housekeeping and made one more complaint, but we had to remove the cushions with the fingertips every time. Perhaps they should improve communication skills across departments. The restaurant downstairs was pretty good and seemed like also popular with locals.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Been L
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The hotel staff do whatever they can to make you feel good. Here goes the 'anything is possible attitude'. The rooms are cosy, trendy and warm - different sizes etc to welcome different needs. The gym is well equipped and has everything you need to stay fitt during your stay. A great variation of healthy good food in the restaurant as well. And if you are lucky you may be invited to cool events too. I can only say 'try it'.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Arriving in the hotel at 10.30 in the evening it appears that there are no rooms ; which i booked in advance 2 weeks prior.
The management couldt arrange other rooms in any hotel in the city ; so we ended up sleeping in the sauna of the hotel on field beds! needless to say a very bad experience .

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed here 3 nights. the rooms are all very nicely decorated, and i hear they are all a little different. the service at the front desk is excellent. the food the in Italian restaurant is extremely good. the only negative i can say is that there is no iron in the room, and the gym is very stuffy and hot. oh, and FREE WI-FI! excellent!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Klaus K Hotel was the first true design hotel in Helsinki. I would argue that it is still the only true design hotel in the city. Even though my wife and I live in the city center of Helsinki, this has not prevented us from being regular visitors to this hotel over the past few years. Our most recent stay took place in February 2010. The atmosphere of this hotel is simply very, very special - something that is impossible to experience at those more impersonal hotel chains.

The hotel's staff is extremely friendly and is willing to truly go an extra kilometer/mile to cater to your needs. I have a very concrete and impressive example. During one of my visits to the hotel, I approached one of the receptionists and asked from him about the availability of one of the compilation CDs that the hotel had sponsored. That gentleman put in a lot of work to find that CD for me, even called some of the music stores in Helsinki (without me even requesting him to do so), and finally came after me to Toscanini (this is an excellent, very cozy Italian restaurant at the hotel), where I was having a lunch, asking me to provide him with my contact information so he can call me afterwards if/when he is able to find that CD for me. I read an article some time ago, where the hotel's general manager said that at KlausK every guest is a VIP guest. That really seems to be the case.

I would also like to emphasize the fact that the breakfast at the hotel is great. It represents locally produced food and provides excellent value for the money. What is also very nice (and also critical at this kind of hotel) is the right kind of music (or I should say the musical atmosphere) that surrounds you almost everywhere and is a great match with the overall atmosphere and "spirit" of KlausK. The hotel also has one of the trendiest and coolest bars and nightclubs in the city that has also seen visits from some very well-known international DJs (e.g., Jori Hulkkonen). If you are not too much into nightclubbing at Ahjo Club, visit at least its bar - Ahjo Bar - which is a great place to chill out, sip your drink, listen to music, and look at an elegant street life at Bulevardi.

If you are looking for a hotel that has a story to tell, provides attentive or even exceptional service and comfortable beds (not to forget the sleep quality), and has a very central location just a couple of blocks away from many local key attractions and shopping opportunities, then this hotel is for you. Some of my colleagues have stayed at this hotel and - according to them - this hotel also serves well the needs of demanding business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkoSHelsinki
hotelife, Owner/General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

Dear Marko S,
I really appreciate the positive reinforcement and comments about what we are trying to do at Klaus K! I wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back!
All the best,