1,615 results
All reviews design hotel envy room sky lofts toscanini restaurant sky terrace loft room great design cool hotel rooms are small single bed porridge the breakfast area excellent location central location breakfast buffet train station business trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Klaus K was a good well appointed hotel, well located in the centre of Helsinki. It is modern and stylish, although the rooms were adequate in size but not generous. It is expensive, but then Helsinki is an expensive city!

We stayed in a Sky Loft room which was fine, they are on the top floor and have skylights with rather noisy electric blinds, small oval windows so no views although you do have access to the roof terrace and a separate entrance if that is what you need. It was a mezzanine style mini suite, with the emphasis on "mini". It was stylishly decorated and there was just enough cupboard space, although if you don't travel light you might struggle. The bathroom was great with a walk in shower (no bath though).

Staff were very professional and friendly, it goes without saying they all spoke great English, and other languages, as it is a very international mainly tourist crowd.

The breakfast was a good buffet style with a range of Scandinavian dishes and the usual international selection.

The Restaurant Toscanini onto ground floor is excellent and they do really interesting set menus and wine packages, we went back a second time!

Stayed: August 2018
Hanna K, Johtaja at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Wapping1,

thank you for your latest review, it was great to receive it. Our Sky Loft-rooms are fantastic and I am so delighted you found our service and breakfast great as well. Whenever you are again in Helsinki, welcome back to Klaus K Hotel!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in Klaus Kurki one night from September 13th to 14th and unfortunately as not so very happy with my choice.
1. The arrival and check in
- staff seemed to be busy either with phone reservation and/ or training (my interpretation). They noticed me quite soon but asked to wait. Impression of the staff was a bit stressed. The was one (maybe manager) who seemed to be even more stressed than the other. Somehow I don't think its a good idea to do anything else in the reception than welcome the guests - all other activities should be taken elsewhere.
The over all feeling and impression was not so good to start with
2. The room
- on the booking site I saw some pictures of the roof terrace, so I was looking forward to smoke a cigar there as the weather was supportive. Access to the roof terrace was how ever not included in my room category of which I was a bot unhappy as the roof terrace was one reason why I reserved Klaus K in the first place (there are a lot of choices). The reception offered to show me around the terrace for "free" or an upgrade. At the moment both options did not work as I did not want to move (again) and on the other hand my interest towards the terrace was purely cigar motivated.
3. Other remarks
- The room was very dark and even with all lights on, it was not bright enough.
- coffee cups are sized more for espresso, doppio at the most, but not for tea.
- the hotel staff should try to fill the water cooker and see how it works. Its really impossible to fill it full due to the design of the water faucet.
- the shampoo, body wash etc. had A LOT of text on them, how ever the most important information SHAMPOO; BODY WASH, was not so obvious. Additionally, I really don't prefer to smell like a peppermint candy.
- tv was slow and I was forced to turn it off multiple times just in order to gain some control
- breakfast was ok even I don´t know if the cast iron pots with equal heavy cast iron lids are comfortable to lift for all guests. How ever, coming back to the staff i mentioned earlier, I could not help noticing there was some kind of staff policy or other discussion taking place in the kitchen same time when I had my breakfast - so AGAIN, focus only and solely on the service and customers and handle ALL OTHER THINGS elsewhere some other time.

4. Summa summarum
For a room price of more 200 eur per night I would expect more. Perhaps Helsinki has a too good situation at the moment with enough guests for all hotels. I might be spoiled by the service level and high standard of (same classification) Asian hotels but anyway I think I will chose an other hotel next time I stay overnight in Helsinki.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mikael888,

thank you for your review, I do appreciate your time and effort when writing it. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We really do value all the feedback we receive and handle each of them with care. Based on the feedback we do improve our products and services to meet better our guests needs and expectations. I promise we will focus on things you brought to our attention. We will analyse your comments through and learn from your feedback. You are absolutely right; when taking care of customers, one need to focus 100% to it. Other things need to be handled elsewhere. On behalf of our entire team I do apologize.

I wish you could provide us a second chance to ensure you, we can serve you better.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

After a long trip to Helsinki i was looking forward to a good nights sleep at the hotel but was met with a dark and gloomy exterior with a very confusing entrance way to reception. The receptionist was helpful but assumed a lot of things for my booking (like breakfast addition).

The room itself on floor 5A was very small despite the pictures online advertising it as large and very basic. The bed was uncomfortable and the storage space (wardrobes and cupboard space) was limited. The best bit was probably the bathroom which was very clean and tidy although the sink was so shallow it is impossible to navigate without splash and spillage.

Breakfast itself was ok despite the fact it was attached to the reception area so if you don't like food hall style dining then this won't be the one for you. All in all it was an ok hotel facilities-wise with some quirky design.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Sky floor are best
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Marjo H, Front Office Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sam C,
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Helsinki. Your feedback is valuable and I apologize we did not meet your expectations.
Hope to be able to welcome you back though!
Kind regards,
Marjo Huhta
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great location and just a wonderful hotel. You can't ask for much more! Centrally located...we walked to some great shopping and all of the main sights of Helsinki. Breakfast was substantial and at a fair price for the offering

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Hanna K, Johtaja at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear MitchellS329,

it was so great to receive your review, thank you! On behalf of our entire team I would like to welcome you back to Klaus K Hotel! It is a truly pleasure to notice that you were satisfied with your stay.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Room slightly small and beige. But location first-class, couldn't be more central; hotel design imaginative and stimulating; very friendly staff; and what a breakfast! Full of Finnish specialities, many locally sourced or homemade; you won't need lunch.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Hanna K, Johtaja at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Carol S,

we are so delighted to receive your review! Thank you for writing and sharing it. It seems, your stay was truly a lovely one, we are happy that you enjoyed. Welcome back any day!