“Little better than a college dorm room.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Gatos, CA
“Little better than a college dorm room.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Staff was nice. Breakfast was okay (I've had better at the Hiltons in Helsinki). Elevators are claustrophobic.

Room Tip: Find out if they have rooms where the bathroom has a tub (thus ensuring you're not having a show...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JLW3
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear JLW3,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay at Klaus K Hotel. We really value all comments that we receive from our guests regarding their experience.

I was happy to read that we had succeeded in our guest service and you feel that our associates were nice.

I want to comment as well on the issues that did not make you happy.

- Breakfast was okay (I've had better at the Hiltons in Helsinki).
Our breakfast consists of mainly organic and local produce products that are "hand picked" and of the highest quality. We do not offer a selection of hot items in the buffet but instead prepare cooked breakfast on order. Without knowing exactly what you were missing on your breakfast I can not unfortunately point out what would the remedy be.

- Elevators are claustrophobic.

The elevators are steel and mirror covered and there is music playing. We are in a process of changing the interior slightly and hopefully you as well like the new atmosphere better.

- No comfortable working area. I thought it a very poor tradeoff to have an eight foot long credenza for holding magazines/wine bottle & glasses and yet not have an area on this credenza to be able to work from it. Instead, there's a hospital patient type table that you're supposed to use.

We don't have "working desks" in any of the rooms. We encourage our guests to come out from their rooms to enjoy our public spaces. There is a free WiFi all over the hotel. In the rooms the table with wheels that you refer to as hospital table is designed to be on perfect height to work on ones laptop when sitting on a chair. Perhaps you were not explained this feature.

- The bathroom was my biggest beef: There isn't a fully enclosed shower area which means you have water spraying out all over the bathroom floor whenever you take a shower - I had to daily use the hand towels to mop up the floor so that I didn't get my feet wet when using the sink or toilet. Also, there was no bath mat nor wash cloths. The area around the sink is tiny and the glasses they supply are too big for filling from the shallow sink.

I am sorry to hear the there was no bath mat or wash cloths in your room. This is clearly our mistake that should not have happened. And I totally understand the inconvenience with wet floor if you are missing a bath mat. With regards to the glasses apparently there is wrong kind of glasses in that room. I would appreciate if you could send me a quick email to inform the room number and I would see that this issue gets sorted.

- Room was always cold no matter how high I set the temperature. I ended up wearing the bathrobe they supply in order to not feel like I was catching a cold.

There clearly has been or still is an issue with the thermostat in that room. Again, if you could kindly inform me the room number and I will get the temperature issue fixed.

Thank you again. On your next trip to Helsinki I would be happy to take care of your reservation personally.

Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager
Klaus K Hotel
tero.thynell@klauskhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Quirky, intimate and reliable in quality - the boutique hotel in modern Scandinavian style is my new regular haunt in Helsinki. The organic, regional breakfast buffet is a real joy. Room decor can be a bit dark in atmosphere but the total experience has always been fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear random adventurer, I very much appreciate you making the time to write your review. We try to surprise our guests with fun and interesting touches while remaining reliable and professional. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Sospel, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

A very nice design hotel in the center of town. The rooms were very well equipped and the bathroom was big enough and clean. Staff was friendly, breakfast is nice with more than enough choice. The hotel is in the middle of town, lots of good restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood. Central station is about 10 minutes by food.

Prices are reasonable, its a nice price quality.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street site are also very quiet, very good isolation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear HugodelaR,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am extremely happy to learn that you could see and feel the every day hard work of our Refresh-team to keep the rooms and public spaces in immaculate condition.
I wish that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed in the Klaus K in November, and loved it. The room was great, so was breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff was absolutely lovely in every way. The only problem I had was that the DVD player in my room didn't work and couldn't be fixed, but I had my laptop as backup. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I'm going back at the end of February for 12 days at the Klaus K!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Zansville, I was so excited to read your kind and encouraging words in your review for Klaus K. I look forward to welcoming you back. My team has been immensely proud when I shared your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

straight to the point hotel, nice design, simple and clean. good bar and great location

Room Tip: get a room on the street side, the other rooms can be dark
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! I hope we can welcome you back at Klaus K again in the future. all the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager