“Wonderful restaurant, best meal we had in Helsinki!!”
Review of Ravintola Aito

Ravintola Aito
Ranked #19 of 1,774 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Aito is one of those restaurants with a limited menu, but what they do serve is excellent. It is quite small inside so booking is definitely recommended.

When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and offered cocktails or beer to start. You can either take the four course menu on the blackboard, or create your own three course dinner from the a la carte for €39, which is good value. We had the crayfish soup to start, which was very rich and a bit too salty, it came with homemade bread. For main my husband and I both had smoked sea trout which came with vegetables, it was divine! For dessert, I had blueberries and milk, which is not what it sounds like, and my husband had gooseberries and white chocolate, also not really what it sounds like. Both were really nice. Service was excellent throughout, and we left satisfied and not overly stuffed. Highly recommend Aito!

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for lunch to celebrate my son’s fifth birthday. The beetroot soup and fish dish were excellent. They offer gluten free and lactose free options. The appetizer bread was great. I had a nice glass of Spanish red wine that was recommended by the waitress. My son enjoyed his white chocolate mouse dessert. The waitress even offered him an orange carnation upon his departure for his birthday. Orange is his favorite color. He put the flower in a vase with water as soon as we returned home.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Read about this on Trip Adviser and decided to try it. Food was good and they were very accommodating about my dairy allergy. They told me the dishes they could alter to cater for my allergy and even made me a delicious carrot paste to go with my bread instead of butter. They also made me a dairy free apple crumble for dessert. This place was full of locals as it was a little off the tourist trail but worth visiting.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

A business related dinner for seven persons, everything worked very well. Thanks!! Professional and warm service, we really appreciated the expertise of staff. We had three course menu with wine package and everyone had very pleased of their choises. They serve high quality food, especially wild duck was superb. It is a small place, fully booked on Wed evening. Perhaps one of the best value for money choises among helsinki restaurants (however, it is not extremely cheap, thus not really a small budget choice).

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

If you are in Helsinki well worth a try here, lots of locals here so you know it must be good.
Good local food and great helpful staff 2 thumbs up.

1  Thank Allan H