All reviews sea view spa hotel warm water turkish steam room families with small children city centre roman suite festival summer
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Kids really loves the spa, the rooms are very nice and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is really good, extra +++++ for the really crispy bacon!
The beach is near, and there are good hiking paths close to the hotel. There is also a gym at the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 October 2017

Hi Sofia L!

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review about our hotel. It was great to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward seeing you again.

Best regards,

Marjo Reinikainen
service manager
Break Sokos Hotel Eden

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel is situated on a beautiful spot, but yet close to Oulu centre.

The hotel has beautiful views from restaurant and gym - and not that bad from our room either. The room was ok, but nothing more. Somehow, however, one got the feeling that the hotel had seen its best days.

When calling the hotel prior to making the reservation (to ask about the parking facilities), the lady answering the phone was very friendly, helpful and "sunny"! Unfortunately the reception people did not have the energy when we arrived: they seemed tired or bored. Anyway that service was better than the service we got in the restaurant when we had our dinner: the waitress was busy and smileless, close to having been sulky. When also the food was totally tasteless, the dinner experience was a bad surprise.

Breakfast was good and we enjoyed the positive spirit that was greated by the numerous small children eating with their familities.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jaana J, Front Office Manager at Break Sokos Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Ruoho-is,

I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you have experienced due to the condition of the property. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades. It is very sad to hear that our staff has not been at their best. I am very sorry for that. It is very important for us that all our guest`s feel welcome and that our service is friendly and sunny. I am sure that next time you visit our hotel, the service is of much higher quality!

I wish you a nice autumn and hope to see you again!

With best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights with family.
Room was reasonably spacious and well-furnished, but a bit dated.
Nice balcony with view of sea and afternoon sun.
Breakfast OK, but slightly below average compared to other Finnish hotels.
Swimming pool / spa good fun for the kids for a short time.
Overall hotel has a feeling it was great 20-30 years, but needs some attention to bring it up to date.
And like other spa hotels I've been to in Finland, why do they put the smoking area right by the main entrance - it doesn't give an impression of health and wellness!
Location is great next to beach and an easy walk into city centre.
Was very expensive due to festival in the city during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jaana J, Front Office Manager at Break Sokos Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Rob A.

Thank you for writing your review about Break Sokos Hotel Eden. We value all the reviews as they help us to improve our hotel. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades.
I am happy to hear that your kids have enjoy our pool. And I agree with you that in summertime our location by the beach is just simply great.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you again!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel, it's friendly staff, restaurant, games, rooms and food.
I have been visiting there countless times since I was kid (more than 30 times).
Suite exspecially is awesome with big living room and sauna (can't remember if there is sauna in old side of the hotel)

Only thing that I, my family and my friends have been wanting to complain in is this: since this spa hotel turned from Holiday club to Sokos hotel in 2011, water in hot tubs turned WAY too cold, not relaxing at all, and for us its really dissapointing because we all love to relax in warm water, but you can't find it here.
I used to just chill hours and hours in hot tubs, but not any more because water temperature is almost the same warmth as in main pool.

We really really hope that you can change this, so we can come again and be as relaxed we used to be in this otherwise perfect place.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2017

No frills, only bare necessities! Everything scaled down to meet standard requirements. I would not stay here on a business trip. Nice surroundings, though. Never tried the spa, though. Looked somewhat run down...

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dag007
Jaana J, Front Office Manager at Break Sokos Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear dag007,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value all the reviews as they help us to improve our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to your standards. Your input will be shared with our management team.

I wish you a warm and sunny spring!

With best regards,