All reviews sea view spa hotel warm water turkish steam room families with small children city centre roman suite festival summer
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

After a good start with friendly front office staff the experience at this hotel wasn't impressive. The rooms are ok but no view, a shower curtain ( always dirty..), no coffee/tea facilities, almost only finnish tv channels. The pool is nice, a bit old but children will love it I guess. A lot of local families are using the pool in the afternoons it seems. The restaurant upstairs has nice views but not very cozy. Friendly staff. The food is average and overprized. If you have a car, drive to the centre of Oulu for dinner! Breakfast also very average for a " spa hotel" in this pricerange. Popular for families I guess, but I will not return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank NorthStar369736
Management response:Responded 3 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time for writing your review about our hotel.

I am very sad to hear that our hotel was not up to your standards and that our restaurant facilities and breakfast were a disappointment! Now I can't say what kind of a room you had but we have diffent kind of rooms with different facilities. Unfortunately, not all have a sea view or coffee/tea facilities.

Nice to hear that our staff was friendly :). I wish you a lovely autumn!

Kindly,

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are clearly doing their best to make you feel welcome. They cannot help that the place needs refurbishment like yesterday already. The most annoying thing was the very cold room. The extra electric heater they had put standing on the floor did not help much. If I were they I would also keep at least one bar open at night. Now they all close at 10pm.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Hannu H
Management response:Responded 22 September 2016

Dear Hannu H,

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to your standards. What comes to the restaurant timetables, we will rethink those to match better on demand.
We hope seeing you again at Break Sokos Hotel Eden!

With best wishes,

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Three friends had a lovely weekend at Oulu. We had Seaside Superior Twin room and had hoped for seaview, wich we had party, so that was a bit disappointing. Room was spacious and clean. One of us slept in extrabed that was made from sofa, it was ok for one person.
The breakfast was ok, but nothing really special.
I didn't use the spa, but my friends did and they commented it was more for children than adults. Instead I walked in the beautiful seacoast and used the excellent gym.
The bus from Eden to city took about 10-15minutes and was convinient.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Finns_travelling
Management response:Responded 22 September 2016

Dear Finns_travelling,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward seeing you again.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

They have a huge parking
They allow dogs...and full of kids yet you couldn't here any screaming in the rooms!it's full of activities you can do! And an amazing view!
We spoke to a receptionist passionate about her job,at least that is what it showed :D, very helpful and professional yet very sweet!short blondy with glasses!
I only don't put 5 stars since at the bar there was an issue with the machines and the older girl,maybe under pressure,wasn't rood but didn't understand English very much a large gin and tonic was asked and she said "No"and made it normal..also made funny faces when asked if we could put the tonic ourselves!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 19 September 2016

Dear Rosys M,

Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward seeing you again!!

Kindly,

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We stayed 3 nights in a superior room with a 2.5-year-old. I was very happy with the deal we got: 89e/night including breakfast and use of the spa. We were traveling by car and were happy to find lots of free parking near the hotel, although it is a rather long way from the parking lot to the hotel.

The room was spacious enough, and had coffee and tea making facilities, as well as air conditioning. There is free wifi. The bathroom was OK, but had a slight sewery smell. We were greeted by a rubber duckie in the room, but it turned out that the duck was only for our use during the stay, which seemed a bit stingy and unnecessary. There is no bath tub in the room and I'm not going to take the duck to the spa since I will have to pay if the toddler loses it.

Cleaning during our stay seemed a bit haphazard. The tissue box was almost empty when we arrived, and it was never exchanged for a new one after it emptied during the three days. Towels were only changed if they were on the floor (and I mean on the floor, draped over a chair was not enough), which is common in hotels but usually there is a sign about this. Not so this time. The beds were made so-so, and the counters were not wiped daily.

The baby bed was a pack-n-play type and sturdy enough for a 2-year-old. There is a small play room in the hotel, which was nice. All the restaurants had kids' menus and play corners, although the play area was not in use during breakfast, which was a shame. The spa is very nice for kids and there is also a playground outside.

The breakfast was passable but would benefit from a better selection of breads and fresh fruit. There was a children's table with pancakes and some wilted cucumber and carrot sticks. There is a small chocolate fountain, but no waffles, which I seem to remember from an earlier visit. The lounge restaurant Ara is overpriced and the food is disappointing. We wanted to try Maisema for lunch but it was unexplicably closed. It is also closed on Sundays which I think is a shame. Service was friendly enough by Finnish standards but might seem slightly too blunt for foreigners.

The location is really beautiful next to the awesome beach, great on a hot summer day (although not too many of those in Oulu). It's a bit far from the centre but there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel.

Overall I hope the hotel pays more attention especially to room cleaning. I could recommend the place for families with children, but probably not to couples.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank srtl
Jaana J, Front Office Manager at Break Sokos Hotel Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Dear srtl,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced due to the cleaning. I am as well very sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant was not the best! Your input will be shared with our management team!

I hope you a warm and sunny summer and I welcome you again as our guest when next time returning to Oulu!

With kind regards,