All reviews monte rosa bar grill rooms are small recommend this hotel nice hotel central location short stay nice breakfast very pleasant stay restaurants and bars bus stop reception staff midnight sun santa claus village bull reindeer mirror
Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

The hotel was located at the center & could easily accessed the supermarket & restaurant nearby.
Staff was friendly & helpful! Airport bus shuttle fron airport was convenient!It took around 15min tonSanta Claus Village.
The room was a bit small & breakfast option was too little.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2015

The hotel's location is perfect, right in town near Lordi's Square, walkable to all the places you might have booked trips from, and has an airport shuttle service that you don't need to pre-book. Also, the staff were really helpful, Aleksi in particular was so cheerful, it brightens up a cold day to get such good service!

My room was gorgeous, great decor, small bathroom but it was well organised and I didn't have a problem with it. Nice and warm, great large TV, really good hairdryer, kettle etc, safe, a great room. Noise was mentioned, I've certainly stayed in worse places, but it wasn't the most silent hotel. I hardly heard TVs or footsteps or talking, but the plumbing noises seemed to carry most, so showers/toilets could wake me up in the morning. The rooms have earplugs, though, and it wasn't something that would stop me going back.

Breakfast was great, lots of space, and the Bull bar downstairs was really good even for a vegan. Reception area was large and warm, too. The wifi was good, twice my devices lost connection, but I'm not sure why. A restart on my phone usually sorted it. The speed wasn't an issue.

All in all, highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Georgina P
Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

Their attenders are pretty patient and explain all the things as clearly as they can. the price is a little high though. As you want to stay in acozy place this one can satisfy you thoroughly!!! My own experience is getting here with-24 Celsius degree so I can hardly walk here. Then it's the first place I came in and I was fascinated with their amiable attitude!!! Really deserve the compliments

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

We had 3 nights at the city hotel, it is lovely and quaint.
Highlights:
The staff here are amazing!!! All were very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast is beautiful with a great selection.
Rooms are beautifully decorated.
Lowlights:
The rooms are tiny, so small that moving around is difficult. The showers are the same. It didn't bother us much but be prepared.
Other than that great and good value for money

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Paper thin walls meant we could hear everything from the rooms around us. We are not normally light sleepers, and the neighbours weren't being particularly but their footsteps, TV's and doors opening and closing kept us awake. The bathrooms are so small you literally can't take a step in any direction. The wifi connection was very slow, and so weak we had to sit near the hallway for it to work at all. The location is good but I think for the price you could find a better nights sleep in Rovaniemi.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple