“DISCOVER!Virgin Island Campground and Water Island our little piece of PARADISE”

Virgin Islands Campground
Reviewed 17 November 2012

NOV 3 TO 10, 2012 couldn’t believe there is a better way to spend a birthday. We arrived on water island greeted by Deborah from camp and Rachel with a golf cart. We followed Deborah to camp to be introduced to our amazing accommodations which happened to be #1 adjacent to the hot tub and communications room. We were then told we were the only ones staying and feel free to enjoy the entire place as we wished. If we need Deborah we used the phone in the communications room and she left us to our privacy. The sun rise in the morning was spectacular from our bed and porch. The view in the evening from the pavilion was spectacular. The bath house was very modern and clean. Laying in the hammock in the daytime reading a book or enjoying the view was so relaxing. The pavilion was well stocked with everything you needed to prepare meals or enjoy a nice glass of wine. Honeymoon beach was spectacular for sunning, swimming and just hangin' and the Monday night movie was "rocky horror picture show" it was a blast. Joe’s beach bar and hangin with the local was really enjoyable, full of information and sometimes very comical. Heidi's hideaway burger platter is awesome. Mornings before boarding the ferry you can get a Heidi's hot breakfast sandwich and coffee right at the dock. While we enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of water Island, we also flew to St. Croix, enjoyed Christiansted and saw the beer drinking pigs at the domino club. We took our rental car to St. john on the ferry made our way to Maho beach with a great picnic lunch were we swam with stingrays and sharks…..love being able to park beachside there. Deborah…..as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say “WE’LL BE BACK!!!!!!” Thanks for the toe rings, tee shirts and my floozie coozie. The welcome bag and gifts were gratefully appreciated as well as the dinner voucher and activity discounts. We used our dinner voucher for $50.00 at Hook Line and Sinker in Frenchtown on Nov 5th for my extravagant birthday lunch where I dined on lobster UUUUUUMMMMMM.
It was very hard leaving this vast paradise to come back to Philadelphia to freezing weather, the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and the threat of nor’easter.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
deborahquade, Owner at Virgin Islands Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Dear Patty,

Girlfriend, you do know how to party...you wore me out just talking about all the things you can do in one day!! What a way to spend your birthday.

I enjoyed our little "get together s" and of course you have great taste in toe rings!!

I hope you all will not wait 6 years for your return visit to the Virgin Islands...birthdays come every year!!

Please join us again and don't forget you will receive a 10% discount,

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The price was a little steep ($175/night for two nights) but it was well worth the tranquility. It's similar to a hostel set up with private bungalows, community open air kitchen and bath, a beautiful view from the shared pavilion of the water and St. Thomas. Easy access to beaches that were very quiet, aside from the occasional party boat tour on weekends. We were there in the off season so there was only one other guest at the time.

Room Tip: Get a cabin away from the kitchen area and computer room if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle-B99

Hello, and so glad you enjoyed your short stay at the Virgin Islands Campground...next time you must stay at least 3 nights to get the rate down to $115/night or stay 7 nights and the rate is only $99/night.

We appreciate your review and remember even with the rates above, you will receive a 10% discount on those rates as a returning guests...

We are looking forward to your return visit and an up grade to our "value" ranking!!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

The "campgrounds" at Virgin Island Campgrounds could be better described as Eco-Friendly Private Bungalows, they are nestled among mature tree's, and they offer sweeping views of St Thomas and the Caribbean Sea. The property is only a short walk away from Honeymoon Beach. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The property along with the bungalow we stayed in was maintained very well and kept in a meticulous fashion. Our stay only lasted 3 days but the memories will last a lifetime! We look forward to another trip back to the campgrounds!

Thank you Paul and Deborah!!!

• Stayed: October 2012

I wish you could market our property...your words are amazing and thank you for the review...I may add Eco Friendly Private Bungalow to some of my descriptions...love that and loved your review.

Come and see us again. You will enjoy a 10% discount and of course I am looking forward to borrowing more of your romantic words.

You are most welcome...

Deborah and Paul

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed for four nights just recently and it is definitely the best place I have stayed on my whole US trip, this place is perfect. The owners are two of the sweetest people you'll meet and go out of their way to accommodate you.
A perfect place to go and relax in the hot tub, read in the hammock, and have a drink on your balcony overlooking the ocean. Amazing!
Also, go down to joes beach bar for a painkiller and Heidi's for the chicken sandwich!
Thank you for the great place to stay! I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Katie M

Dear Katie,

I am sure by now you are back into the "groove" of real life. We loved your stories about your country...so great to have so much time off to enjoy life...I think we forget to do that sometimes.

Thank you for the review and we are looking forward to your return visit. Be sure to bring other family members with you next time. I am sure we would enjoy them as much as we enjoyed you!!

And don't forget, a 10% discount on your return...

Deborah and Paul

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Its been nearly a month now since our visit to the VI campground and my wife and I still talk about our stay here at the campground and dreaming of the next time we can take a trip back. If you are reading this and debating on booking the reservation... PLEASE stop hestitating, do yourself a favor and book it at once. You will be glad you did it when you arrive.

My wife and I are from the DC area and needed a break from the everyday life in the city. Everything from the cottage to the beach was absolutely perfect and best of all, you dont feel like you are some number as you do at a resort.

PS - Don't forget to get your drink on at heidi's on the beach at 9am :)
And for lunch- Heidi's cheeseburger is HUGE and delicious (it was my cheesebuger in paradise)

Room Tip: renting a golf cart is a must and fun :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

So it has taken me a while, but I did want to thank you for writing a review...I hope you still have fond memories of our place. We had a full house here Christmas and the people ( as always) were amazing...

Anyway, come back and see us. You will receive a 10% returning guest discount as a thank you from us.

Happy New Year!!

11.2 km away
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Virgin Islands Campground? Share your experiences!