“Day trip to see Santa”

USD 324.58*
Overnight Lapland Experience at the Snow Village Snow Hotel from Ylläs
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Kittila
Reviewed 10 May 2017

A very expensive trip for a day but felt it would be priceless to see the look on my grandchildren's faces. Thompson's made the flight fun for the children during the last hour with songs, jokes etc so no complaints with the flight. However felt very disappointed before we even got to the Snow Village as were told we only had 3.5 hours which i felt was very disappointing as had expected longer than that. So from the beginning you felt you had to get a move on rather than savour it. We did the Husky ride first which was great fun, although we had expected longer than a minute and a half!! We then went through the Ice Hotel which was lovely. We then had a time to be at lunch, which was a choice of foods and was ok although i thought it would be much more Christmassy in there with perhaps Mother Christmas cooking/serving as i have heard they have in other places. We also has a set time to see Santa which was good as i thought this would avoid queues. The ride down through the woods on the skidoo was fun and on arrival Santas log cabin looked great. We had hot berry juice( watery ribena) around the campfire which was good fun and then played in the snow waiting to see Santa. We were all asked to go and queue to see him and this took 40 minutes!!! My youngest grandchild then got very cold from standing there and that ruined it. Santa was not the best at all, there were awkward silences when he didn't know what to say and i found myself filling the gaps. There was no magic on the children's faces and it was extremely disappointing. ( There faces when we did the Polar Express and saw Santa was exactly as it should be, pure magic and belief). As my grandson was so cold i decided to take him in to make decorations and to warm up for a while. When we got to were the map said it was there was nothing there!! So all i could do was sit in the gift shop and try to warm him up. The girl behind the counter who sold us a postcard to send home was not at all child friendly and rather off hand. I am so easy to make excited just like the children and to be in the Snow with all the beautiful scenery should have been wonderful but the whole day left me very disappointed to the point i would never recommended it to anyone and will not be taking our younger 2 grandchildren when they are older. Very disappointing!!

5  Thank Jane W

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We just paid for a tour and were blown away by this 'temporary' structure. The slide was cool, but I wasn't sure about the need for fire extinguishers! Absolutely worth visiting!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

It's not my first visit to Lainio, I adore this place, it's breathtaking but particulary this year I had a feeling that it could be more...You drive about 45 min and then you can spend even less inside. Restaurant was fantastic this year, suites I expected to be more. Ice slide is great for kids! But the theme of this year was Finland...FINLAND, so...guys, you should be better than usual, or choose another theme. Chapel was a disappointment. Anyhow I'm going to come back to see what they invent next year. But this year was a little bit of disappointment for me.

1  Thank Kianira
Reviewed 4 April 2017

This was a lovely trip out - the ice palace is amazing, featuring a maze, a chapel and a brilliant ice slide which our daughters loved.we also had lots of fun outside in the grounds, where there were kick sleds available. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank dumbledore41
Reviewed 21 March 2017

It was a nice experience - ice art!
There is snow hotel, ice chapel/slide/bar... and very friendly stuff.

1  Thank Evič Z