Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 130
eDreamsUSD 130
TripadvisorUSD 130
ZenHotels.com
FindHotelUSD 130
Agoda.comUSD 129
All reviews lake view basic utensils would stay again ivalo airport new building the bus reception area white fish breakfast buffet blackout curtains nice room could have been better min walk aurora hunting lapland light sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2019

The hotel is very nice and we saw aurora on the lake. The bus stopped at the door of the hotel and next door is the travel agent that you can join different tours. very convenient. We booked 2 days stay and we saw the aurora on the next day. was so lucky.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

We found cozy rooms, good breakfast, and nice people in this hotel. It might not be the most modern (or traditional) in town but it has an excellent location, lots of activities during the winter season and heavy metal karaoke on some evenings! We had a great time with you guys so thank you!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2019

I booked the Ilmari Slant´s Airport shuttle bus prior to my trip at 27 eur and it was about 40 minutes from Ivalo Airport and it stopped right in front of the hotel. The shuttle bus have a be booked at least a day earlier. there were some sunlight at 9-10am and the darkness set in at around 3-4pm.

Upon arriving on 2/1/19, there was a ramp to the reception area. The receptionist was friendly and explain the key features of the room. I booked the superior room with sauna that face the lake. it was at a separate building behind the main hotel. I was lucky to get the ground floor room so that I do not need to carry my luggage up the stairs.

I was pleasantly surprise when I entered the room as it has a mudroom before entering the main room. I could hang jacket and place my gloves and shoes and sock at the mudroom and dress in that room before I go out. There was 4 boots dryer that kept my boots dry and toasty at the mudroom too.

When entering the room, there was the wonderful frozen lake view. The room was had a modern touch but nothing unique about the design. It was a fairly good room size There were a cushioned chair facing the window which was good for viewing of the northern lights

The toilet was of adequate size with basic with soap and shampoo provided. There was a hair-dryer provided. Hot showers were provided everyday. You probably need to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste as with all european countries. The highlight was the sauna as I have never been to one before. It was very small but comfort for 1 person. I have nil issue with the sauna like the others.

The wifi was also strong in my room and I could watch a few movies. There was only once that the wifi was not working for a few minutes before it came back again. Anyway, I got unlimited data from Helsinki for only 7 eur. There were complimentary tea and coffee with a electrical kettle to boil water. There was no fridge in the room, but the room was probably cold enough to keep stuff cool. I kept my food items at the window area as there was a small window to allow air to travel in (the small window could be close if needed and it serve like a freezer). It will be good to bring your own bedroom slippers as the floors were cold. The room was pretty sound proof as I was not disturb by any guest.

Sajo, the culture centre and Juutuanjoki River was just a 10-15 minutes walk away and there a also a petrol kiosk that sell burgers also the along street 10-15 minutes away. The supermarket and large souvenir shops was just across the hotel. You can give winter clothes/glove/scarf if needed from the souvenir shop. The supermarket do sell fresh vegetable, meat as well as items for BBQ. They do have one time use grill and it does work in the cold. However, it took more time for the food to be cooked.

You can book tours (husky, snow mobile, aurora, reindeer tour etc) from the reception itself. If not, you can walk to the building next to the hotel to book tours. The receptionist were very helpful as I needed to change the day of my pickup bus and they assisted to call and change for me.

I would suggest guest to walk to the unfrozen Juutuanjoki River as it healed my soul as i walked along the river.

Breakfast was provided actually starts at 6am to 10.30am. I had dinner at the hotel. I tried the reindeer meat and it was pretty gamy for me as it was my first time. The main dishes were pretty pricy at around 20 eur. There was a bar beside the restaurant that sold more affordable burger at around 10 eur. There were also a pizza place across the hotel, 5 minutes walk along the Inari lake.

During the 1st night, the sky was clear the whole night with millions of stars, however, the kp was low (at 1-2). Therefore the aurora was weak. Weak aurora look like a white cloud if you haven seen one before. A weak aurora meant that you can only see white cloud-like aurora with naked eyes. Those who told you that you could only see the aurora in white were the ones who viewed the aurora when it was weak. The best dark green aurora that I ever viewed with naked eyes was when the kp was high at 5-6. Therefore, if you are thinking of staying for 1-2 nights and hoping to see the best aurora, then you need to be extremely lucky. Cause you would need the kp to be high with no cloud cover. Therefore, it is best to stay for a week instead. There were aurora tour that cost 90 eur for 2.5hours and 128 eur for 4 hours. Tour will be recommended if it is cloudy that night.

The shuttle bus was available to the airport if needed but needed to be book a day before departure. b

Room tip: book the superior room with sauna
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank stepme
Reviewed 21 December 2018

We booked the room in October.There were not many guests visiting Inari at that time.Therefore, the staff at the reception gave us a room with the view.Everything is nice and beautiful. The room is pretty large and clean and there is a market across the street. It's easy to buy the food,postcards,drinks..etc.

Room tip: best views
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We were on our tour to the North and stopped two nights in Inari. We were in the new building and had quite a big room with a nice view and lake Inari. The room even had a small sauna! Room was clean and staff very friendly. You can eat at the hotel and its pretty delicious. So we were quite happy with this nice little hotel.
Of course you will need a car to get around.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the new aurora building
Date of stay: September 2018