“Charmingly different”

Hotell Barken Viking
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Took my family with me on a business trip to Gothenburg. Thought the kids would like sleeping on a ship. Kids loved it, and so did I. Good service, nice rooms. Okay breakfast. And great location. I have stayed here several times before, and I like it because it is a little different (yet same good service) from other regular hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Samuel W

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I traveled to Sweden with a good friend of mine, and because of the uniqueness and history of the Barken Viking, we decided to splurge and stay on the ship for our last night in Sweden. It was one of the best decisions I made on this trip and was a great way to end a great vacation. The staff was very helpful and courteous, the room was very clean and comfortable, the food was delicious, and the service was exemplary. I felt the cost of the room was well worth it, and very reasonable for the accommodations. If I am lucky enough to make it back to Sweden, I am definitely staying on the Barken Viking again— it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Different type of hotel to stay in, thoroughly enjoyable with very helpful reception.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Beautiful tall-ship, recently refurbished, lovely reception!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was planning a trip for me and my four year old to Göteborg and my husband told me about an old ship that was converted into a hotel there. This type of thing is right up my alley and we weren't disappointed. From the moment we walked into the lobby, the charm of the place just made me giddy. Apparently the hotel was last renovated in 2008 and they really did a marvelous job. The rooms are small but very cosy, clean, well-appointed--wood paneled walls and nautical colors--just so adorable. The only complaint I would have is that the walls facing the hallway seem pretty thin so you can hear children running down the corridor at 8:30 in the morning. Other than that it was very quiet and peaceful sleeping at night. The breakfast is wonderful and the restaurant upstairs was very good--we ate dinner there our first night. The location is great, just a block away from Nordstan and a 10 minute tram ride from Liseberg/Universeum. If you appreciate kitsch with lots of charm, you will like this hotel. I would love to stay there again some day!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Gothenburg hotels
STF Goteborg City Hotel
0.6 km away
First Hotel G
First Hotel G
#18 of 67 in Gothenburg

Been to Hotell Barken Viking? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotell Barken Viking

Address: Lilla Bommens torg, Gothenburg 411 04, Sweden (Formerly Hotell Liseberg Barken Viking)
Region: Sweden > West Coast > Vastra Gotaland County > Gothenburg
#6 Family Hotel in Gothenburg
#10 Romantic Hotel in Gothenburg
#16 Business Hotel in Gothenburg
Price Range: $136 - $201 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotell Barken Viking 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotell Barken Viking reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotell Liseberg Barken Viking Hotel Gothenburg