All reviews historic place central station friendly and competent staff sleep with the window open classic hotel rooms were very clean relaxing stay hotel is located large bathroom hot water breakfast was excellent the room was nice public transportation scrambled eggs fantastic hotel double room easy access
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Despite contacting the hotel prior to booking and making a request on my reservation. When I arrived I had been allocated a double room, it was a small room with no facility to separate the beds. Therefore as I was travelling with a friend, not my husband I had to book an additional room at great cost. I asked them to make sure they cleaned my first room thoroughly including bed change before my friend arrived, I chased them up at 2pm, and was shocked when I took my friend to the room that they had not changed the bedding. Having to book an additional room was at great cost as they only had a much a suite. The hotel staff were friendly, the rooms are adequate and quaint, but slightly lacking in quality. My suite only had a useless bathroom hairdryer. Though it did have a fridge and sofa. The breakfast is good and plentiful. It is a great location close to central station, but the rooms at the front can be quite noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Delightful historic hôtel far from the modern bland equivalents yet clean, comfortable room and very convenient by the railway station and tram stops - (all nice and quiet with secondaire glazing - though the mendicant trumpeter in the square was dreadful when we opened the window). Staff very courteous and full of local information. Breakfast was delicious buffet and beautifully presented in a very interesting dining room / bar; there was an outside terrace for drinks later.
Lovely relaxing stay.
Lady in the design shop at the station was a wealth of great local information. We later took the scenic train down to Oslo.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica V, Manager at Hotel Eggers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Alaskalater,

Thank you for choosing Hôtel Eggers - im glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Most welcome again if you are in Gothenburg

Best regards Jessica Vialleton

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Hotel Eggers is located right next to the central station, so it is super central. The rooms have an really nice interior, that goes well with the history of the place. The hotel was founded in 1859. The restaurant has an absolutely decoration, and the breakfast is good and varied. Something for everyone.
Friendly and helpfull staff.
Only minus is that no parking is offered. One must park in a near by multi-storey car park, but the hoetl offers some discount vouchers for the facility.
If I come back to Göteborg, this is definitely the place I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
j_vialleton, Hotelldirektör at Hotel Eggers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Morten,

Thank you for staying with us . We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay .

Most welcome next time you are in Gothenburg !

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Extremely convenient location right next to the central train station. Queen double room felt *very* small, but was cosy. Beautiful historic building, excellent breakfast buffet in a lovely refurbished bar space, really happy with our stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
j_vialleton, Manager at Hotel Eggers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Nutella2,

Thank you for staying with us - we are glad to hear that you were happy with your choice.
Most welcome next time you visit Gothenburg !

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This is a classic hotel, perfectly located just 200 meters from the central station, and Nordstan. The building is impressive and beatiful, even if it a little bit worn down. But i do appreciate the historic feeling about the interior. The rooms are really nice and the amenities are OK. The beds are soft and nice. The breakfast is average, I miss fresh orange juice and the variety could be greater. Some of the staff are really good, some of them a little bit tired. The restaurant is OK, even if they could have more to choose from. My biggest concern is the parking. They have a deal with the parking lot in the mall Nordstan, and it took me about 45 minutes to drive there and I was lucky to find a parking lot at all. This is a big parking facility which also serves the mall so you have to fight with all the mall visitors to find a place.
This is a nice hotel, but honestly there are some other hotels in the city which is better for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jocke31,

Thank you for staying with us, and for all your feedback. This helps us to improve - thank you. Regarding the parking , unfortunately there is some road constructions in our area which makes it a little bit messy around the parking, it will be better in the future.
Hope we will get the pleasure of welcoming you again !