“Potatoes as good as Mom's”
Review of Mom's Kitchen

Mom's Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 3,439 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: USD 10 - USD 13
Cuisines: Swedish
Neighbourhood: Östermalm
Description: Occasionally we might be closed for private bookings. During holidays we might have different opening hours. Please visit our website for the latest updates, so we can honor your visit! / Mom's Kitchen
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We missed lunch and stopped in there (based on reviews) about 4:00 pm, super hungry. This place is a small outlet for a catering business. The young woman behind the counter was super nice, explained how it worked and what each meal was available. Our group tried the veal with mashed potatoes, the Thai chicken and rice, fish with new potatoes, and a vegan dish. Everyone was pleased with their meal. They reheat the food and bring it out to you. There are only a few tables in the shop if you are eating there.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

When we first arrived here, the restaurant is quite small and only few seats left. But I really love the warm atmosphere here, it's definitely same as having lunch at home.
Very friendly staffs, they introduce every single dish so that we can choose easily. And when we finished our meal, they came and asked if we felt satisfied with the food or not. After that, the salesman guided us to next destination and recommended some beautiful places in Stockholm. I really appreciate their warm welcome, with really nice English accent:)
Last but not least, the food is super gooddd. With that price, I expect there would be less but we were so freaking full and cannot breath at all btw, the bread that they serve tastes really delicious though I don't know its exact name.
In general, I love this place

2  Thank nglinhchi98
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I spent a week in Stockholm and ate at Mom's Kitchen multiple times. Owner Chris is very friendly and greets everyone as an old friend. The food was amazing, much better than anything I've had at a restaurant in the US. Every meal I had at Mom's Kitchen was delicious.

1  Thank ninaelle2009
chrismj7k, Owner at Mom's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Wow thank you for your comment! I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at moms kitchen!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and the owner is the nicest guy ever. It was the best lunch we had in Stockholm and low price as well.

Your very much welcomed! Thank you for your great comment!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a quick bite to eat while on a layover in Stockholm. I went with the number one trip advisor restaurant and I was not disappointed. It's a small place with a welcoming attitude. I was greated warmly by the staff and felt very at home here. I had never had Swedish meatballs before and they were amazing!! My son had The pancakes. The owner is very friendly, personable, accommodating (he helped me get a cab quickly back to the airport when my taxi never showed up). Definitely will visit again on my next trip to Stockholm.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely son!
I am super excited to meet you again! See you soon, Doc!
Chris